Good quality lipsticks for kit?

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
RebeccaAnne17

Good quality lipsticks for kit?

Unread post by RebeccaAnne17 »

Hello! I'm on the hunt for lipsticks for my kit, the majority of the ones I have now are getting old so it's getting to be time for me to replace them. Any suggestions on good quality pallets or lipsticks? I don't want to spend too much money but I do want to find a good brand that is good quality which may mean splurging a bit to get it. I have yet to find lipstick that stays on all day without reapplying and unless I give the tube of lipstick to the client so they can reapply throughout the day I desperately need a lipstick pallet or lipstick in tubes that have a long lasting color and aren't drying. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking at getting the BH cosmetics lip color pallete possibly. So if anyone has reviews on the BH 66 lip color pallete please let me know. Thanks! :)
jessieb23

Re: Good quality lipsticks for kit?

Unread post by jessieb23 »

I have heard that OCC Lip Tars have great staying power however they are a liquid formula and are $15 aud a pop. But they might be worth the investment given that a little bit goes a long way :)
havenbee

Unread post by havenbee »

I really love the lip tars! If you do decide to try those, you can get a discount through QC Academy!!
tmoyers

Unread post by tmoyers »

I have heard incredible things from all types of makeup artistry about Tom Ford lipsticks because of the quality and awesome range of beautiful colors. They are a bit pricey but they are absolutely beautiful and relatively neutral and attractive on almost everyone. I ordered several for my makeup kit.
tmoyers

Unread post by tmoyers »

Oooops...forgot! MAC has an awesome lip primer called Prep and Prime Lip Primer. I use it myself and noticed how much it really makes in the application of my lipstick, lasting power, and the overall good condition it gives lips.
meag

Unread post by meag »

If your looking for cheap yet good I'd go with e.l.f or rimmel Kate they both last long and go on smooth
ana.p

Unread post by ana.p »

try BEN Nye pallettes. Super pigmented and available off Camera ready cosmetics 10% off now...I have the pink/coral one and will be buying more. I DO need a good neutral pallette. Any suggestions?
NikkiO

Unread post by NikkiO »

The Bobbi brown lip palette looks pretty good!

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/prod ... -Lips/FH12

Mix them with M.A.C lip glass mix and you have 54 colour lipsticks and 54 colours of lipgloss that hardly take up any space in your kit at all!
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Unread post by LimeGlitterPuca »

I recently discovered ColourPop and so far am loving their products! Still learning how to effectively use the eyeshadows (they are an interesting cream type texture), but I love their lippies! And at $5 ea. it is a nice, inexpensive way to try them out.

https://colourpop.com/