EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
KirstyLee1

EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES

Unread postby KirstyLee1 » October 9th, 2014, 12:05 am

Hi everyone,
I have slightly hooded eyes, as in you cannot see all of my eye lid at all,
I am just wondering, do you apply eye makeup the same way as the proper steps involved
as what we got taught? or is it completely different for hooded eyes?

want to hear some of your opinions?

Kirsty :)
Cassoir

Re: EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES

Unread postby Cassoir » October 12th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Hi. I haven't got my stuff yet and I've only enrolled, but i have the same problem, sometimes i bring eye shadow up a little higher which sometimes works for me. I dunno, but maybe it could work for you.
MissPattiFace

Re: EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES

Unread postby MissPattiFace » October 13th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Hi, I'm Joi Monique

I too have very small lids and hooded eyes and I have always struggled as a new artist when applying my own shadows, verse with clients because of this. I have found through trail, trial, traillll and error lol that the young lady before me is correct, when you have hooded eyes you MUST apply shadow above your crease! You want your eyes too look bigger so make them! :-) also, it helps to stay light and not to heavy on the dark colors as it can make our eyes look a bit smaller :-/

I just received my package in the mail Friday and I have completed my first assessment, I'm eager and excited to see what QC can do for my artistry so happy to share the few tips I have acquired! Oh and don't forget to play up your lashes, mix it up and don't forget those bottoms! ;)

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”