Anxiety over assignments..

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
jessielarsen

Anxiety over assignments..

Unread postby jessielarsen » August 16th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Hi! Is anyone else a perfectionist? I am having a really hard time with confidence since this is so new to me. I am a mummy to 5 small children and so taking this big step to do something for me is HUGE and I want to get it right and make the most of it. I have completed my 1st unit and got an A, which is fine, but I hear you can get A* and so i'm bummed I didn't push the extra mile. I've basically finished Unit 2 but I can't hit submit because i'm second guessing myself. I don't know if the look i've done on my model is enough, I followed each step to my fullest ability, I just don't want to get it wrong and it look like I slacked and didn't bother getting it perfect.
Please say someone else is as ridiculous as me with submitting their units?? I just want to do well!! Thoughts?
butterscotchedy

Re: Anxiety over assignments..

Unread postby butterscotchedy » August 18th, 2015, 12:51 am

I have just started the program and haven't yet gotten far enough to submit any assignments. I just had to respond because I am a perfectionalist too and never feel like what I do is good enough. You are just gonna have to stop second guessing yourself. Continue to do your best as you always have and trust that you will continue to excel. You have to have confidence in yourself and your work, otherwise no one else will.
MakeupByShontee

Unread postby MakeupByShontee » September 7th, 2015, 4:29 pm

I'm in the same boat I'm also a perfectionist and just hit the submit button this morning on my Unit B. I second guessed myself but I was just ready to move on this unit took me a month so I figured it was time. I actually got my grade this morning it was an A but if there is such a thing as A+ I also feel like I could do more ugh the struggle of us perfectionists.......At least we know we're working hard and learning new things!
Kimberleya

Unread postby Kimberleya » September 20th, 2015, 6:26 am

I feel this on a spiritual level :lol: I've ended up finishing several units and being far too scared to submit them, so far I've only submitted A and B when I'm currently working on F!

I keep going back and redoing units, I think my friends and family are starting to get a bit irritated with me when I keep calling them back haha. I get extremely nervous over feedback, even constructive criticism but I know it's for the best. I'll just have to push myself and get out of my comfort zone because that's the only way I'll ever better.

What I like to do is go on instagram and look at the #qcmakeupacademy tag because you can see what other students are up to and because we have to submit assignments, normally the photos aren't photoshopped or edited to the max so it's nice to see real hard work from other students on normal people, not perfect models. It's a nice reminder that everyone is in the same boat and working hard! :D
CherylVossNz

Unread postby CherylVossNz » September 21st, 2015, 10:08 pm

I think my best advice from me would be to study hard the tutorials on youtube. My favourite is Carli Bybel as she does really great different looks and it's easy to copy. That way you can perfect on your models.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”