importance of Logos & Branding

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
Shellykaren
Makeup Artist

importance of Logos & Branding

Unread postby Shellykaren » July 14th, 2012, 1:43 pm

hi All,
Just a note to let ou know again how important branding is. Logos etc. I just got my logo completed. YAY building a enw makeup train ( yes building it that way its custom to my needs,
Will post pics later on that. But now for 5$ I was able to find a graphic Designer to create a logo I am thrilled about
find me on Facebook you'll see my logo.
www.facebook.com/shellykisfeld
I think thats the url :D
So okay I did spend maybe 20 til I found the right one :D But wow I love it.
so you can do that on fiverr.com we've created a video through there for Youtube.com for our production company badengineproductions.com :D

Its "purr-fect"
Shellykaren Blackcatmakeupartistry.com
BlackCat Makeup Artistry
For the Purr-fect look
Blueluvah
Makeup Artist

Re: importance of Logos & Branding

Unread postby Blueluvah » September 27th, 2012, 10:22 am

No ideas how to come up w/ your brand?
I've sat and pondered w/ that and Im not 100% sure how to come to a conclusion for "my brand"

What would you reccomend to help me attain an idea an work w/ it a bit more? Other than, surf the net?
Shellykaren
Makeup Artist

Re: importance of Logos & Branding

Unread postby Shellykaren » January 14th, 2013, 10:11 am

I am so sorry for missing this post. I had to put things on hold but am back.. When I started to work on branding and "signature tag line" I thought about many things. Something functional something memorable, and yet something simple. Pretty much 3 keys to choosing a brand. With those in mind, I thought about my cats. ( I have a few) In any case. Coming up with Black Cat Makeup Artistry was not so difficult as my branding.It was catchy. I already have shellykaren for my own personal portfolio.
The next step for me was getting the design down. I knew I wanted an image of either a panther or a jaguar. To me, the symbolism is that of courage, desire, power, strength. I wanted something sleek in terms of logo. Trouble was thinking costs. I started to look around online, and found a few cost effective methods of getting someone to design my logo for me. So with that
www.elance.com
www.guru.com
or www.fiverr.com
I surfed the logo designers and emailed til I found one that would fit my needs. and price. I knew the colours I wanted. I had a vision of what I wanted again just needed to find someone to help me put it together. https://www.facebook.com/blackcatmakeupartisty is what we came up with. I am still working on my website ( continuous process)
I hope this helps a little bit by me telling you how I came to my own branding.
You really have to decide what is best for you. WHen you came up with your website names what did you choose? Is it fitting for you. There is a section in your course that talks about this, about choosing a name. You have to really find one that you will stick with as if you change it up all the time then you can getlost in the credibility or identity. not to mention spend a lot of money making changes. please feel free to contact me if you need more help, and I will keep a tighter watch on my messages.
BlackCat Makeup Artistry
For the Purr-fect look

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”