How Do You Find Models?

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
kwebbdesign
Makeup Artist

How Do You Find Models?

Unread postby kwebbdesign » November 5th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Hi fellow Master Makeup classmates,

Just needing some ideas to get some models for the course! It seems like I've been trying everything and nothing has worked, does anyone have any ideas?

Anything helps!

~Kins
LexiValerieLive

Re: How Do You Find Models?

Unread postby LexiValerieLive » November 7th, 2015, 1:54 am

Model Mayhem! Its a site where up and coming creatives from all over the world post! So you can set your location and then find models and photographers who also need to build up their portfolios, so you can all work together to do that!

You do have to wait a few days for your profile to be officially approved to start contacting others, but hey at least you know its legit yeah?

Link: http://www.modelmayhem.com

I have a profile but haven't set up a meeting from it yet because I've been busy, but heard great things about it from heaps of make up artists!

Love to chat? Lets join the beauty talk together - follow me on twitter @lexivalerielive and tweet me that you're also from QC for a follow back and lets share all things beautiful!
Kisses,
Lexi
Love to chat? Lets join the beauty talk together - follow me on twitter @lexivalerielive and tweet me that you're also from QC for a follow back and lets share all things beautiful!
Kisses,
Lexi
ana.p

Unread postby ana.p » January 6th, 2016, 3:00 pm

For the course you can always use your friends and family, that what I think most of us do. For portfolio building, i'm totally going to check out Lexi's recommendation of modelmayhem though!
Ghostgirl

Unread postby Ghostgirl » January 18th, 2016, 1:56 am

I just posted a request for help on my personal Facebook page. All kinds of friends and family came out of the woodwork to have me work on them and model for school. LOL Do it. You won't regret it. Even people I rarely talk to. It'll be nice catching up with them again.

Any woman would want to be pampered and get a makeover. They will come to you. I asked them all to send me a set of answers to some skin and color questions and they all complied. That way I could get a variety of models with various skin colors to practice. I stated that I may or may not use someone and they all still asked to be on my waiting list. I have 14 people lined up waiting their turn.
Krystal Ghostgirl Depew, CEO and SFX Artist
www.illinoisghost.com and www.justsparkleme.com

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”