Contour & Highlight

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
TaylerB

Contour & Highlight

Unread postby TaylerB » December 20th, 2015, 11:54 am

Hi All!!

Just curious to know what works best for everyone when they are contouring and highlighting! What is your favorite approach and what steps do you knock out first?!!

Thanks!
And stay beautiful :D
Katefayce

Re: Contour & Highlight

Unread postby Katefayce » February 6th, 2016, 8:37 pm

I like using powder as it blends nicely, apply base makeup including powder the apply contour slightly stronger and darker than desired then use a coloured powder to blend out xx
lauren24

Unread postby lauren24 » February 19th, 2016, 7:12 pm

I usually do corrector,foundation then concealer....ben nye super white too bake under the eyes then I use a fan brush to contour my cheekbones with kat von d shade and light palette and a buffer brush for jawline ect..buff it all out then then add highlight and setting spray....I think powder contour palettes are so much better than cream but I guess its each to their own...hope this helps doll xxx
lindsaykf

Unread postby lindsaykf » February 22nd, 2016, 5:59 pm

I use the NYX contour palette. It's relatively inexpensive, and the powder is easy to work with. However, if you prefer creme, the NYX wonder sticks are also easy to blend and inexpensive.
Getglam

Unread postby Getglam » March 29th, 2016, 9:21 pm

I apply foundation and all the other things like concealer then apply contour with the RCMA cream palette which has great colours, which I apply from top of my ear and down in downwards direction not to go past the colour part of your eye closes to your ear, along the jaw not all the way to the chin but half way and little under the chin. Only because my chin isn't the strongest plus I apply a little of the contour shade on the sides of my forehead so that it makes my head look thin and long but if you have big forehead then you can apply it along the hair line are. With high lighting I do under the eyes in a funny triangle shape, under my cheek contour and a little in between my brows and just slightly on the forehead. Lastly a tiny bit on the nose just on near the brows as I don't want it to make my nose look longer or wider then what it is. Lastly I use RCMA no colour to bake under my eyes and all the other areas I highlighted. I should mention I highlighted my chin just under my bottom lip too.I just set my contour colour with no colour powder like normal. Sometimes if I want a more intense contour I will go over the contoured area after its been set with a matte bronzer to just warm the face up and add dimenter to the look. Hope this helps and sorry this is so long :lol:

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”