posting advertisements... PLEASE HELP !

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
AliJayy

posting advertisements... PLEASE HELP !

Unread post by AliJayy »

Hi lovely's :D
I want to start applying and building a portfolio and i was wondering if you could share some ideas and input on what to post or write to gain some clients.
Thanks Ali x
aprillaw

Re: posting advertisements... PLEASE HELP !

Unread post by aprillaw »

Hey,
some ideas is to partner up with a local photographer, and do portfolio building together, put a model call saying something like make up and portrait event... so still charge them something whatever you are comfortable with and get them to sign a release saying you can use them for you portfolio also get the photographer to give you the images also for you to use...

personally I am both a Make up artist and a Photographer, and i have helped a lot of Make up Artists build their portfolio by working with them, they have offered their services for either free or cheaper for boudoir shoots, portraits, and creative ideas...

hope this helps...
AliJayy

Re: posting advertisements... PLEASE HELP !

Unread post by AliJayy »

Thank you :) it does indeed, I thought about this but I wasn't too sure on how to approach a photographer about it. It's great to hear from one with experience with the situation, so thank you heaps for the knowledge. :D