Makeup Products in your kit

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
MissyMoo789

Makeup Products in your kit

Unread postby MissyMoo789 » September 18th, 2016, 2:48 am

Hi

I would love to hear what everyone is using. I'm just going around to MAC, Napolean in Australia etc but what makeup and products would everyone recommend in Australia? I like MAC and some items of Napolean .. but would love to hear your ideas too and what you are finding is working and if you have clients what are they liking?

Thank you
hmarie

Re: Makeup Products in your kit

Unread postby hmarie » October 3rd, 2016, 5:28 pm

I live in the United states and just looked everything that I got online. I think that the stuff can be delivered to your area. Not sure if you want to try. I was going to go with the higher end brands but felt like it was wasting money because Im learning how to use this stuff and don't want to waste money on expensive product just to learn. I ended up using a lot of things that are half the price of MAC and they have been just as good. Anyways I stocked up on NYX getting brow powders in blonde, dark brown, Black, And auburn/red. I then got a NYX photofinish primer,3 lip pencils in nude shades. I got 2 makeup revolution foundation palettes in light and dark (I just mix colors accordingly). I hope this helps you out.
Louie

Unread postby Louie » October 4th, 2016, 7:56 am

Hi, i currently have Mac, Too Faced and younique in my make up kit. I am slowly building it up :D
CherylVossNz

Unread postby CherylVossNz » October 8th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Hi :D

I live in New Zealand..

I haev Ellis Faas, hourglass, too faced, mecca cosmetica, stila, kylie cosmetics.
BombshellandtheBanshee

Unread postby BombshellandtheBanshee » March 6th, 2017, 8:01 pm

hi,
Im also from Australia, and i found brand name or price point is never always the best way to get quality products, i use alot of off name brands or lesser known brands for majority of my kit as they 9 times out 10 are of the same or better quality then big brand names. Some brands that i use frequently are ( with months of trial and error):

karity ( eye shadows are basically comparable to mac at a fraction of the cost)
Chi Chi cosmetics (mineral foundation is gorgeous)
Bh cosmetics (eye shadows are amazing)
Australis (contour kits are lovely)
Nyx ( mainly for primers, lipsticks and eyeliners)
RCMA ( most amazing cream foundations)

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”