Lost motivation/confidence

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
kt1991

Lost motivation/confidence

Unread postby kt1991 » September 25th, 2016, 12:28 am

Hi all,

I've been with QC for two years and so far have only submitted one unit. I keep trying to finish the other units but I am worried my work isn't good enough and as a result have lost a lot of confidence and motivation to complete everything. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you push past it?
hmarie

Re: Lost motivation/confidence

Unread postby hmarie » September 25th, 2016, 10:56 pm

I just started Saturday morning and I am still waiting for me kit to get here. I just submitted Unit A. I think because this is something that I really want to do I was just able to complete each reading in a hurry. You have to be confident in what you do even if you aren't. Its all about how you present yourself to the models. The worst the tutor is going to say is just practice more. No one is going to expect you to being perfect on the first try.
Katelynnrichins

Unread postby Katelynnrichins » September 30th, 2016, 3:00 am

I totally understand what you're feeling. I just went through a similar thing. Honestly the best thing to do is to just go for it even if you're not 100%. I never am, but deciding to submit it has always been rewarding. I get honest feedback and help which makes me understand what to do better next time which makes me more confident and a humble artist. I'm sure your work is amazing. You got this:)
CherylVossNz

Unread postby CherylVossNz » October 8th, 2016, 5:21 pm

For me Unit A was so easy. I did it last year when I first got my kit but Unit B is a lot harder especially when it's all online and you arent in a classroom :?

It also takes time to buy a good camera, makeup for the kit..
I just spent around $800 yesterday :lol: . It's a lot but I know that I can use it in freelance in Future
CharlieLouise89

Unread postby CharlieLouise89 » October 9th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Hey!

I totally felt the same after Unit A. With working two jobs and then a busy gym schedule, I was wondering if I even had the time... All I wanted to do was sit on the sofa and watch Grey's Anatomy at the end of the day.
Also, working from home and not actually applying makeup to my own face every day made me even less interested.

It soon picked back up after I was having a conversation with myself (as you do...) and I was like "I invested my hard earned money on this course, for what? To throw it away?" So I plugged away and then found my passion again. It's also good to have friends who know what you're doing, push and remind you that this is important to you.

I hope you find your motivation again sweetie, I really do. :)
Katungu.mk

Unread postby Katungu.mk » November 7th, 2016, 4:08 am

Hey!
I felt the same way when i submitted unit A. I looked for models for almost 4months but to no avail, it was difficult for me,my family members are miles away, and mostly people around me were apprently busy to help. Anyway, when i finally got to apply makeup on few friends, the makeup was a mess, The painful part was, After struggling to get people to apply makeup on, i messed it up, and it took me another 2months to get more people to come and apply makeup on again, at that point I felt discouraged and even doubted my ability.

I thank God my fiance was there to always encourage me and help me push forward.And now im satisfied with my work and ready to submit it.

Do not be discouraged and never lose confidence, we are all learning and sometimes we learn through our mistakes, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Remember why you started, keep trying,practice and sumbit your work, we joined QC academy to be professionals, to learn and to understand makeup, and to be the best of what we can be.
Practice! Practice, and submit your work, let professionals access your work, let them guide you and train you to be the best.

BEST OF LUCK!
Everythingdivalicious

Unread postby Everythingdivalicious » January 12th, 2017, 5:27 pm

This topic is exactly how i felt. I started the MMA course in 2015 and life and work just got the better of me have not gotten past Unit A. My resolution is to finish this and progress in my dreams and future. It's nice to see I'm not alone. Lets motivate each other to succeed.
JenniferP

Unread postby JenniferP » January 18th, 2017, 12:54 pm

SamBruno

Unread postby SamBruno » January 19th, 2017, 2:05 pm

JenniferP

Unread postby JenniferP » January 23rd, 2017, 9:33 am

I'm going to invest in a good camera anyway. I have wanted one anyways. Anyone know of a good camera to use for makeup artistry??? :?: Thanks.

Jennifer
dcompton0003

Unread postby dcompton0003 » January 28th, 2017, 2:00 am

JenniferP

Unread postby JenniferP » January 28th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Thanks for the links and info girl! Very helpful. Going to get a nice camera very soon. :D :D :D
JenniferP

Unread postby JenniferP » January 28th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Good idea about the camera lighting and back drops! Got me thinking. I'm definitely not a photographer though. Thanks so much for all the ideas!
kt1991

Unread postby kt1991 » February 4th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Just jumped back on to find this. Thank you so much for the support ladies! It means the world and I'm so grateful to know I'm not the only one who has been in this slump. I'm back online because I'm actually submitting Unit B today! I've finally finished it and am happy with the work I am about to submit. I also figure, if it isn't 100% perfect my tutor will let me know what I can improve on and how which is only a positive.

Thanks again ladies! Hope you are smashing your assignments! xx
kt1991

Unread postby kt1991 » February 15th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Hi everyone! I thought I'd just let you know that I got my grade back for Unit B today and I got an A! I couldn't believe it! Nathan has given me a couple of things to work on and improve which I'm so grateful for.

I just wanted to stop by and let you know coz even if you are in the same slump as me, you can stil push yourself forward and achieve some amazing things. Don't give up! xoxx
shineyface

Unread postby shineyface » March 24th, 2017, 4:51 am

Well done KT!
You can do this!

As the guys said the worst thing is you'll need to practice more! I totally get you and I've reached a slump and and 'meh' but am so excited on the inside! Let us know how you go x
shelle8

Unread postby shelle8 » March 24th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Hi everyone a FACEBOOK group has been created for all the students and Graduates of QC MAKE UP ACADEMY ... Permission was given by QC MAKE UP to create this group.. as it'll be a Facebook forum for everyone to chat discuss and give advice or ask for advice.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/
shelle8

Unread postby shelle8 » March 24th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Hi everyone a FACEBOOK group has been created for all the students and Graduates of QC MAKE UP ACADEMY ... Permission was given by QC MAKE UP to create this group.. as it'll be a Facebook forum for everyone to chat discuss and give advice or ask for advice.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”