Kit building

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
Lexie

Kit building

Unread postby Lexie » May 3rd, 2017, 7:44 am

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone is using in their kits! I'm currently in Perth Australia if anyone is in the area.

Also just wondering what others do when you have back to back clients and need to clean your brushes between them??
MakeupQueenKiara12

Re: Kit building

Unread postby MakeupQueenKiara12 » May 5th, 2017, 4:16 pm

I would def love to hear the answer for your questions also. But how did you get yourself out there to be able to have clients coming back to back?
Torr

Unread postby Torr » May 11th, 2017, 12:59 am

Hi! I always keep an extra full set of brushes in my kit
teasenior

Unread postby teasenior » May 25th, 2017, 12:32 am

Hey! I love RCMA foundations - they are amazing for any type of makeup application and they are so versatile. Also, their no-color powder is a must have! I use both Nars concealers and Mac Pro Longwear concealers. Makeup Geek, MAC, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and Viseart eyeshadows...also some Nars. I like Mac paint pots and Smashbox primers - I also carry Too Faced Hangover Rx for dry skin clients. I typically go for nars blushes and bronzers, Kat Von D contour kit, ABH glow kits... The options are endless. Use what products you like and what you find easy to work with. Try to use as much highend/professional products as possible, but some drugstore is fine.

As far as brushes go... I usually carry 1 to 2 extra of each brush so that if I don't have time to sanitize my brushes in between clients, I am all set. Also, its nice to have a few extra of each brush especially if you do a lot of weddings. You can bring brush cleaner in a spray bottle to spot clean brushes, but you need to make sure you thoroughly clean all the makeup out of the brush before using it on someone else.

Hope this helps!
Taylor

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”