A4 : makeup chart

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
Madijensz

A4 : makeup chart

Unread postby Madijensz » September 27th, 2017, 7:54 am

can i put any products in this?? like the ones i like and prefer to use?
Parso88

Re: A4 : makeup chart

Unread postby Parso88 » September 27th, 2017, 11:57 am

When I did mine I was pretty realistic with the brands and products I used, I know I wouldn't be able to afford all the expensive stuff straight away, but you can add as much as you want. I asked someone at the school if we could do more than the 11 spots provided and she said yes, because it would show your tutor you're putting more effort into the assignment. Make sure you have different types of foundations (eg powders, creams, mattes).
TonyaJ

Unread postby TonyaJ » September 27th, 2017, 2:06 pm

I know I am working on this part of mine today. I have a makeup kit and adding to it weekly. I have used some of Nathan's suggestions if one needs to go the cheaper route for now. He has a Nathan's favorites, but he also has an article under their blog post that talks about some inexpensive companies that you can use that has good quality brushes, makeup and foundations. I personally need to make a list of what I have, and what I still need for my professional kit. Then also put my personal foundation and creams, eyeliners and stuff in another. I mean I know I can use my blushes and eyeshadows, but I have my own favorite lipsticks and such that I use. But I know that I will start buying two of lipsticks if I believe that the shade would be good to have for my professional kit too.

I did purchase today a clear pillbox, so that I can put some lipsticks in it and mark what brand, date and shade it is on small sticker. Save room in my kit with having this, instead of so many tubes of lipstick. It will hold 21 of them and take up less room than 21 tubes. I went to dollar store today and grabbed me my hand sanitizers, cups(for brushes), makeup wipes, false eyelashes, lipsticks, tinted moisturizers, concealer, mascaras and liquid eyeliners.

Mine carries ELF and LA Color makeup, great ways to get BB Creams, concealers, loose shimmery pigment eyeshadows, eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks, lipliners, lipsticks and glosses, kohl liners, eyebrow stencils, false lashes(I do go purchase the DUO lash adhesive though), my dollar tree also has nice smaller acrylic holders for my personal use for lipsticks, nail polishes and for eyeliner pencils and stuff. I bought like $30 worth of stuff there today. Also getting disposable makeup wedges, makeup puffs, and the makeup round circles and cotton balls. Paper towels, some might have the higher concentrate rubbing alcohol, mine only carried 50%, so I didn't pick any up.
Manuela91

Unread postby Manuela91 » September 28th, 2017, 4:36 am

hey iv'e done A4 assignment last night now im up to A5 on unit A
BekCarter

Unread postby BekCarter » October 2nd, 2017, 11:43 pm

Is there such thing as listing too many products? I am 37 in on my list and have a heap to go...am I supposed to be creating the kit I would like for the future or something more realistic for now?

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”