New to the Course

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
JKlein

New to the Course

Unread postby JKlein » May 9th, 2018, 6:22 pm

I am excited to get going , I have been working with cosmetics and hair care for a long time. This school seems like the perfect fit for me since I am a busy mom of 2 and can't really squeeze attending school into my schedule the conventional way. I will keep posting as I progress and will be interested to read other student experiences !! :D
VexyBeauty

Re: New to the Course

Unread postby VexyBeauty » May 10th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Welcome to the club haha. I am also a mother of 2 that started not too long ago. If you want you can add me on facebook and we could help each other out when needed. :) https://www.facebook.com/FancyChaos88
KeetaLouise

Unread postby KeetaLouise » May 10th, 2018, 11:05 pm

I am going to jump in on this also if that's okay ;) I have two littlies that I happily stay at home with and have just started my course..hanging to receive my makeup kit :D one thing though...I don't have any Social Media so I will be checking out the forums often...good luck with everything ladies!
Makeupbyerika

Unread postby Makeupbyerika » May 25th, 2018, 3:19 am

We all are in the mother of 2 kids club!! I have a son who is almost 4 and my daughter just turned 1. I'm really happy to see all you mommies out here taking this course as well! That's awesome. I am currently on Unit B about 3/4 of the way done. When I first signed up I felt like the forms weren't very active so I hope I can get more involved on here and make new friends also :D :D
KeetaLouise

Unread postby KeetaLouise » May 27th, 2018, 6:41 am

Oh cool, I have a little girl Arlee who is 4 & a half and my son Cooper is 2 in 2weeks...and look like a 4 year old lol
I have only started a week ago on my course, because Cooper broke my computer :shock: I am up to Assignment A4 Make up chart which i find a wee bit confusing...how did you go with this?
So excited to be doing this course... I want to be and will be ;) awesome at make up!
Makeupbyerika

Unread postby Makeupbyerika » May 29th, 2018, 12:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your computer! That's rough. Kids can definitely be a handful. My son sounds the same as your son. Ever since he was little he was in upper 90 percentile for everything!
For the A4 assignment I just put makeup I already have and use on myself. I plan to sanitize all my eyeshadow palettes and things that can be cleaned and aren't contaminated and put it in my kit once I start freelancing. Even if you dont have a bunch of stuff or only 1 thing that's okay. When I got my feedback from my tutor she told me all the things I listed were a great start and she also suggested other products I would need to add to my kit to make it more complete.
MariAguilar09

Unread postby MariAguilar09 » June 2nd, 2018, 5:15 pm

Hi, I a also new to the group, and I am a mom of 4. I mam excited to see my progress within time.
TonyaJ

Unread postby TonyaJ » June 3rd, 2018, 9:01 pm

The forums are not used too often because everyone goes over to the Facebook group and post and ask questions there. It's just a fact of life that forums have sort of moved on and no one visits them much. I check them out a few times a month maybe to say hi to newbies and whatnot. Let me find the link to the facebook group and I will post it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/

copy and paste that, you will just need to send a screen shoot to the admin of the group.

It is loads of fun over there and a lot of us are moms too. I have five grown kids, and now two step-sons that are 8 and 13. Plus I am a grandma to one beautiful granddaughter of 13 and two handsome grandsons that are 1 and 6. They share the same birthday too. So my house gets hectic with one grandson living in my home for a bit more, one that visits every weekend and right now my stepsons are here for the first half of the summer except every other weekend. So I know how hard it is to get stuff done, while telling the kids to stop arguing, to stop tattling, to stop making so much noise, to get off the electronics, to brush teeth, get a shower and all that fun stuff.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”