New Student From Canada

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
Samantha1992

New Student From Canada

Unread postby Samantha1992 » July 9th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Hey there! Sam here from Ryley, Alberta Canada. I'm a new student, I just started this course Sunday June 8. I'm really excited to get to know some great makeup artists. I've been playing in makeup since I was a young teenager, but as i got older my skills and my knowledge of good brands got better. I use to be all about the drug store makeup, but about a year ago I made my first sephora order, and I don't think ever going back to drugdtore makeup. But don't get me wrong somee drug store makeup is better then the higher end stuff.
bausbeauty

Re: New Student From Canada

Unread postby bausbeauty » July 23rd, 2018, 7:22 pm

hey girl, canadian too! Im from the most southern part in ontario thought.
I do love me some sephora but there are a lot of gems at the drug store. Even amazon! Like dermacol, they don't seem to sell that in any store around me but amazon has it! Same with brushes and sponges, drugs store is way more affordable!
Follow me on instagram bausbabes if you've got it. Would love to go on this makeup journey with you!
PlanetHex

Unread postby PlanetHex » September 24th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Hi! I too reside in the Great White North. I just moved to the Ottawa area from Kitchener, ON. And I am also very, woefully new.
I make up for it with boundless enthusiasm... I hope! :D
joslynecraig1

Unread postby joslynecraig1 » November 28th, 2018, 7:16 pm

hi there i just signed up for the course today and im really excited to get started. i am from surrey BC and i have played with makeup since i was 12 years old. looking to broaden my skills and main goal is to start doing profesional makeup for the film industry. i have alot of education behind me as well different techniques and skin care as well. i have also taken a course for nails and really hoping to put all this o use soon. where did u guys go when u first started out just trying to get the hang of this site and look forward to getting to know u all
Samantha1992

Unread postby Samantha1992 » November 29th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Heyyy Ladies!! sorry its been so long! I just need to figure this whole website thing out... I love to play with makeup, but im still a little nervous putting it on people.. its getting better with each person i do though.
Derrick

Unread postby Derrick » November 30th, 2018, 12:49 am

HELLO LADIES, MY NAME IS DERRICK I WAS BORN IN GEORGIA NOW RESIDE IN ALABAMA. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN INTO MAKEUP BUT REALLY STARTED TO DABBLE AROUND EIGHTEEN. I LIKE TO CALL THAT PART OF LIFE THE BIRTH OF SABRA, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE MY STAGE NAME. I WANT TO LEARN FROM THE BEST, WHILE MEETING SOME GREAT PEOPLE THAT HAS THE SAME PASSION FOR MAKEUP. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST LUCK, LETS ALL TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL DOING WHAT WE LOVE.

WISHING YOU MANY BLESSINGS,
YOUR NEW FRIEND
DERRICK A.K.A SABRA
amberanne

Unread postby amberanne » February 6th, 2019, 12:28 am

I am also from Canada, Im in snowy Revelstoke BC! I can't wait to get things going and start my next chapter in life. I used to be a preschool teacher and decided I needed a change after my school closed due to low enrolment.
TranquilMind

Unread postby TranquilMind » February 9th, 2019, 7:13 pm

I am a new student just outside Red Deer Alberta :) Its been a cold week and I'm hitting the books today to get started. I'm very excited!!! Who's with me just starting out on this journey or who has been started for a bit and can give some tips and experiences? :)

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”