Needing eyeliner tips please!

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
vitalitymua

Needing eyeliner tips please!

Unread postby vitalitymua » May 20th, 2019, 7:32 pm

So as if doing eyeliner on myself isn't hard enough.... well yesterday I experienced my first attempt at applying eyeliner on someone else and safe to say it wasn't great. I tried gel, powder and liquid but still struggled to get even a half decent result. Can anyone please help with some tips? I watched the videos but Nathan made it look so easy :roll:
Gracie168

Re: Needing eyeliner tips please!

Unread postby Gracie168 » May 20th, 2019, 9:49 pm

What I do is stretch the eyelid out, so basically lift at the eyebrow and/or pull the corner so there is no extra lid to make it harder to get a straight line.
I use a liquid liner pen as I prefer it to a pencil.
It does take a lot of practice though.
I also keep a makeup remover handy and if it smudges I just use a 'Q tip' ( as he calls them ;) )
to neatly straighten up the line.
Hope this helps !
Good luck !
vitalitymua

Unread postby vitalitymua » May 22nd, 2019, 12:41 am

Thank you! Are we allowed to use liquid liner with clients? I definitely prefer it as well although there was no mention on how to clean it.. I had a google and don't think it's sanitary but am hoping that it could be :)
Gracie168

Unread postby Gracie168 » May 22nd, 2019, 3:02 am

That is a good point :?
If u have the one with the bottle he said u could put it on a palette and use a pointed eyeliner brush ( in one of the videos in unit C ).
I have been doing my assignments on my sister so I didn't really worry about the sanitation things but now that u mention it it might be a bit difficult.
I'm not sure if you'd maybe be able to spritz it with the spray alcohol ?
U could maybe ask your tutor ?
Who is yours btw ??
Mine is Azzi Williams :D
vitalitymua

Unread postby vitalitymua » May 27th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Wow you're progressing so well! I'm still stuck on unit B hahaha I have been doing it on my friend as well so wasn't too concerned about it but thought maybe I need to practice with what I will actually use. I feel like the powders or pencils just don't look sharp enough... I think I will try with a gel :idea: Mine is Azzi as well! :)
Gracie168

Unread postby Gracie168 » May 27th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Aw thanks, I just started unit D, pretty much half way through :D
What are you stuck on with unit B ?
Yeah I don't like pencils very much and I don't think powder is pigmented enough but I think I'll give it a go for my bridal assignment :)
Oh yay :)
vitalitymua

Unread postby vitalitymua » May 27th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Wow, flying through! I think Im just trying to be too much of a perfectionist with it and am never happy enough with my results to submit hahaha I also live quite far from my friends so don't want to bring them over to be my model until I feel like it will be good enough to submit. At least my boyfriend is letting me practice on him :lol:
Gracie168

Unread postby Gracie168 » May 27th, 2019, 11:24 pm

Haha yeah I try not to be too much of a perfectionist but half the time I seem to fluke it so it looks good the first time :lol:
And I have 3 sisters and my mum that I'm able to practice on whenever cause I live with them :lol:
Haha lol, I struggled with finding a male model for my one male assignment, then I ended up using my brother in law and getting a friend, then I had to choose which one I liked better to submit ;)

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”