Older Students.... 50+

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
NolaH

Older Students.... 50+

Unread postby NolaH » September 2nd, 2019, 6:04 am

Hi there,
I'm wondering if there are any other students my age (50) who are doing this course? :D

I started because i was tired of flawless skinned 18 year old's trying to sell me makeup at Mecca.... lol!!.... ( jealous of course! ).... we need some of us old boilers out there who can rock makeup along with the best of them..... well..... that's my goal!

Thanks, NolaH
FlawlessNana

Re: Older Students.... 50+

Unread postby FlawlessNana » September 3rd, 2019, 12:00 pm

I'm 54 and makeup artistry has always been my dream. No one is ever to old to start : )

Sharon
amv66

Unread postby amv66 » September 27th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Hi I'm 52! So good to see that I'm not alone!! Okay future MUA's let's do this!!
vdburke

Unread postby vdburke » September 29th, 2019, 9:18 am

I got it all over you young ones. I am going to be 63 next month. This has always been a passion of mine. I am a hair stylist, when looking for an occupation, make up artistry was not a money maker. I chose hairdressing because I could keep my hand in it. Forty five years later I decided to make my dreams come true.
LashLovinBeauty

Unread postby LashLovinBeauty » October 5th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Hello All! I'm 58 and so very excited to finally be fulfilling a dream of mine :D I just submitted Unit A and am excited to be moving on to Unit B. Looking forward to learning and networking with all of you!
Dw421

Unread postby Dw421 » October 23rd, 2019, 12:28 pm

I'm 39! I have multiple sclerosis so I haven't worked for years but I want to have something to show for myself and I'm not getting any younger lol
CheriS

Unread postby CheriS » May 29th, 2020, 11:33 am

Hi Hon!!! I turn 52 next month. I am creating a business in the future of having available either a line or at least a business for the "second fazers".....like us. I wear makeup daily...nothing crazy but daily and the education I have received so far (on Unit D now) has been top notch!!! I do my own makeup differently and notice everything way better from this. I notice botches on TV shows....and have a better, well trained eye! With mature skin.....it's a different animal but there needs to be more of us, yes. I have started a website and a YouTube to try to show looks for the OVER 20 set!!
Tcus425

Unread postby Tcus425 » June 29th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Im 47 years old from New Jersey. I just started a couple of days ago.
RebaAnne

Unread postby RebaAnne » June 30th, 2020, 10:09 am

So nice to meet all of you! I am 44 :) Not over 50 but I'm glad to see there are students of all ages taking an interest in this! I am enrolled in Master Make Up artistry, and have completed my first unit. The second unit in this course is very deailed and seems a bit harder but I'm still excited! Feel free to keep in touch especially to see our progress and achievements! I do have facebook and instagram if anyone wants to follow each other!

Rebecca
TeresaPhipps

Unread postby TeresaPhipps » July 27th, 2020, 9:08 am

Hi NolaH. I'll be 59 in October and I just signed up for the master makeup course and the skin care course! I'm happy to meet you! My name is Teresa.
TeresaPhipps

Unread postby TeresaPhipps » July 27th, 2020, 9:12 am

Oooh! There's A LOT of us! I'm so excited that you are all here. I'm most interested in skincare for women 50+, anti-aging, encouraging the use of sunscreen, and specifically helping women in transition -- in shelters, career transitions, just need a "boost" -- Do all of you watch Angie on Hot and Flashy? She's my favorite. I've started using Curology and Timeless Vitamin C and NuFace because of her (all products I am loving). We need to create our own little club -- but not sure how to do it. I think I am the 2nd or 3rd oldest. I am so excited there are so many of us here.
EssenzaBelleza

Unread postby EssenzaBelleza » July 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm

I love that we can connect - I'm definitely in this "age group," category, turning 60 this November - forgot to refer to this forum!
I have loved onsite training with many skin care brands, and some makeup brands and now with the epidemic curious to see where all of us will be heading next?
Since 1996, I've been in the skin care and everything spa & wellness lifestyle industry, after 12 years in PK education/childcare.
So 'women,' I have been working with you all my life!
I had the fortunate timing to have a large range of niches in this area as the industry boomed in Nor. Cal.
Within a couple of counties, I moved around to pursue employment in a variety of popular full service salon/spa venues, wellness spas, hotel destination spas, yoga/wellness/health club centers and seen quite a few successful biz owners come and go.
'Burn out,' we must protect against, in career; I've seen as I say, @ small businesses, and experienced, so expanding my repertoire has been my solution, makeup artistry is my last real indulgence, I must say, since I'm planning to retire in five years.
TanyaT2019

Unread postby TanyaT2019 » August 12th, 2020, 12:29 pm

I'm 48 --- I started the class because I just want to feel more beautiful.
ksilbs1019

Unread postby ksilbs1019 » August 19th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Hi all! I'm so happy to join this group! I too was wondering if I was too old to do this but I always wanted to apply my make up like a pro! I'm 57 and retired from teaching elementary students after 30 years, 2 years ago

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”