Products...

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
kristentrevelyan
Makeup Artist

Products...

Unread postby kristentrevelyan » January 20th, 2012, 11:51 pm

So what are everyones favourite product(s) in their kits? what is the name, shade if applicable, a description of the product and why do you like it/recommend it?

I ask as I am working towards building my kit and know what I like but know I am probably missing some hidden gem products out there! Word of mouth is the best avertising :)
Jenn
Makeup Artist

Re: Products...

Unread postby Jenn » January 25th, 2012, 12:37 am

I absolutely love my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer! It's a bit spendy, but I think it is totally worth it! You can also use it as an eye shadow primer, and it literally keeps it on all night! What is your favorite product that you have tried? :)
kristentrevelyan
Makeup Artist

Unread postby kristentrevelyan » January 25th, 2012, 2:44 am

I have heard so much about smashbox primer i think im just gonna breakdown and buy it!! I recently bought Kat Von D eyeshadow primer in stellar and i absolutely love it!! I also like benefit bad gal lash mascara but have heard great things about maybelline falsies mascara so im gonna try that. I love the body shop loose foundation powder and maybelline dream matte mousse. NYX is a great line as well!
Jenn
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Jenn » January 25th, 2012, 1:20 pm

I want to try Falsies so bad! I have heard so many wonderful things about it! Also, I gave it to one of my friends for ther birthday, and she absolutely LOVES it! Haha! I definitely need to go buy it!
I haven't tried any Kat Von D products- but I have tried Benefits Eye Primer, and that stuff was amazing! However, I figured that I might as well just buy the Samashbox Primer instead of any Eye Primer- because it's just as good!

What kinds of lipsticks do you ladies like? I actually just bought 4 shades of lipstick from Ulta! It's by Prestige Cosmetics and is called "Color Treat Anti-Aging Lipstick"! I bought it in Beautifully Buff, Radiant Coral, Chocolate Silk and Berry Fantasy! I am not kidding- they are all AMAZING! They are long lasting and so cheap! They are only $3.29! It's a great deal! They are not nearly as creamy as MAC, but you're saving about $10!

What about Blush? I really need some new blush! I really want to try something new... what are your favorite brands?

I can't wait to hear from you ladies again! :)
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Unread postby mmarazzi » February 6th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Hi Ladies,
I am a MAC girl so my favorite must-have is the Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolor by MAC in the color Betwixt. Literally, this color lasts all day (I wore it to my last dental appointment and it lasted through all the crown fittings and lunch afterward!). The longwear lustre line has a gloss on the other end of the tube that is replaceable so you can keep using it after you run out of the gloss. At $22 it is a bit pricey, but it is worth it since it lasts all day and you don't have to keep checking in the mirror and reapplying. This product impressed me so much, I went back and bought three other colors and have avoided all my other lipsticks.
Best,
MA
Teyzaqt
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Teyzaqt » February 8th, 2012, 12:32 pm

[color=#FF00FF]Hello everyone,I am an beauty consultant with Mary Kay and I use all of my own products but we dont have a great selection line for the younger age groups, so it is great to see some of your lovely ideas on products. I added all of the mandatory items to my kit, now for the fun stuff.....Anything interesting and on sale......I went to Walgreens, CVS and Target yesterday and stayed in the makeup sections for hours.......OMG!!!!! I found a red lipstick by black radiance thats awesome, Wet n Wild color palettes were 50% off in CVS as well and I found alot of LA Looks colors.
Share some of your kit pics....

Shauntey Williams
www.marykay.com/shaunteydwilliams
Future Cadillac unit!!!!!
Shauntey Williams
Future Cadillac unit!!!!
[url]http://shaunteyd.webs.com[/url]
MM1260
Makeup Artist

Unread postby MM1260 » February 14th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Black Radiance has a lot of good products. I purchased their foundations in about six different shades and they are awesome. I am new to the beauty industry and am still experimenting with different products. I would llike to try MAC. I know a few ladies who use MAC and they love it. I dont know what my favorite is yet. I have makeup that I have bought from Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, Target, and other stores as well. I buy as my budget allows. But I would like to stick to one cosmetic line for clients.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”