Did anyone notice....

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
riri182
Makeup Artist

Did anyone notice....

Unread post by riri182 »

Hello, 

I was watching UNIT B for Master Make Up. After I was watching the videos on my "Welcome to to Unit B." I was under the impression that we use "disposable" wands for mascara, and not to put the wand back into the mascara tube after application. And she had placed the wand on the clients eye lashes, and than back into the tube. Now I was also concerned with that - because why did she put the wand back into the product? It now needed to be sanitized since the mascara wand has touched the clients eyes.. And couldn't that lead to problems down the road?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.
CynthiaL
Makeup Artist

Re: Did anyone notice....

Unread post by CynthiaL »

I noticed it, but it really wasn't all that much of a concern to me. Depending on which type of clients you work with, you may have clients that may supply their own product (mascara, liner etc.) so in that regards, it really wouldn't be an issue.
tdaum
Makeup Artist

Unread post by tdaum »

I noticed it as well. Sometimes when I know I am goign to throw out the tube right after that client I will use the wand that is part of the tube then throw the tube out. I find that one wand if you swish it around in your mascara really good. Has enough to do both eyes twice, even on myself. I find most of the time people jsut use the one side of the wand they dont spin it to use the other side. Therefore not using the whole wand. But i agree unless the client supplys thier own mascara I wont put hte wand back in the mascara after using it on the clients eyes.
CynthiaL
Makeup Artist

Unread post by CynthiaL »

What you'll find now is that most companies that specialize in mascara have a separate tube with cover and a separate wand that now comes with it. What I've been doing after each use, is immediately covering the tube with the separate lid and sanitizing and washing the wand for later use. I think it is genius the way mascara is being packaged these days.