natural and organic

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
samira
Makeup Artist

natural and organic

Unread postby samira » April 9th, 2013, 12:20 pm

i am planning on only using natural and organic makeup is there anyone else doing this and if so what are you brands that you use?
Samira[i][color=#FF0080][/color][/i][color=#FF00BF][/color]
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Re: natural and organic

Unread postby LimeGlitterPuca » April 11th, 2013, 1:00 pm

I am going to try introduce people to natural products as well. Since my mother and sisters have some rather sensitive skin that react to things in commercial products, I figured if they react badly there must be other people that have just as sensitive skin and might be looking for more natural products. Besides, it's better for people's skin! :) - if you would like some places to look at I've tried some makeup products from -

With all these websites be sure to check ingredients, as I think there were some products that still had some not so nice ingredients . . . I'm thinking it might have been the Monave line, but I can't really remember at the moment.
Because they are natural you are going to be more limited in what you can find (for example, some pure lines don't offer cream or mousse foundations, etc.) as well as the fact that pure products might not have as long a shelf life as something commercial. (100percent mascara is nice, but if it gets old it will get sticky and clumpy in the tube.)
So nice to 'meet' someone who is going into the more natural line! :)
samira
Makeup Artist

Unread postby samira » April 12th, 2013, 1:33 pm

hi!
thanks for they reply and the websites! i am going into natural makeup because of the health benefits and if its not something i would want on my face or my family why should i use it on other people! how far are you in the course?
Samira[i][color=#FF0080][/color][/i][color=#FF00BF][/color]
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Unread postby LimeGlitterPuca » April 12th, 2013, 4:05 pm

It definitely is better for you than a ton of other products, that's for sure :)
I am just trying to finish up Unit A, am hung up on the Executive Summary for the optional business section. I'm beginning to think I might just skip it for this unit and move on, otherwise I will get stuck and my productivity level will drop drastically.
How about you?

Oh, and another site is I've gotten quite a few things from there in the past. Right now they are having a spring sale if you are interested.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”