Makeup products

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
tbs<<3
Makeup Artist

Makeup products

Unread postby tbs<<3 » February 25th, 2012, 2:39 am

Hello ladies,

I"m a new student, waiting for my first shipment. Just wondering the brush set and pallets it comes with..Is it great quality?
Where are you girls buying your makeup from?? what should i start buying to start my kit??
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Re: Makeup products

Unread postby mmarazzi » February 25th, 2012, 3:08 pm

tbs<<3
Makeup Artist

Unread postby tbs<<3 » February 26th, 2012, 1:20 am

Hi mmarazi

Thanks for the feedback. I actually just got my 1st package in today. You are right about the brushes lol. I will check out the ones from costco.

thanks so much

tbs>>3
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Unread postby mmarazzi » February 28th, 2012, 6:52 pm

MM1260
Makeup Artist

Unread postby MM1260 » March 1st, 2012, 7:01 pm

I bought some E.L.F. brushes from Target. The price is reasonable, but remember, you get what you pay for. I would recommend using less pricey brushes for your school work, if your models are friends and family. However, once you start working on clients, invest in some good quality brushes that will last you a while. You may want to purchase more than one set.
SylviaVallo
Makeup Artist

Unread postby SylviaVallo » March 3rd, 2012, 5:16 pm

I bought a few new brushes and A whole bunch of makeup. Makeup just go with what you like. I use the same brand that I use every single day since that is what I feel more comfortable with. Brushes I got E.L.F or I caved and got some Mac ones.
bellasignorina
Makeup Artist

Unread postby bellasignorina » March 11th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Hi the make up that comes with the kit is ok..... I usually buy all my pallettes from WWW.bhcosmetics.com the pigments are amazing and best of all the pallettes are really really inexpensive. I love their products and i use them when I am working on clients. good luck and let me know what you think......
bellasignorina
Makeup Artist

Unread postby bellasignorina » March 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm

also just to let you know the brushes that come with your student kit are crap...... If you want a better brush set also not expensive you can go to amazon and look up Bundle Monster makeup brush set... (36 brushes for 30.00) and they come in a nice leather carry case. I use them for every day stuff and then I also have a really nice set of brushes from sigma cosmetics but they were almost $200.00. some hold off on those until you are done with the course and have a steady stream of clients coming in. the bundle monster set is good enough to use on clients......
tbs<<3
Makeup Artist

Unread postby tbs<<3 » March 13th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Thank you all for your help
sweetney72
Makeup Artist

Unread postby sweetney72 » April 29th, 2012, 7:23 pm

I found that the brushes from a line called Motives are the best I've ever tried. I been doing makeup for bout 7 yrs now and I have tried them all. The brushes from Motives are of high quality and my clients always end up buying them for their personal use after I do their makeup. You can find them at NOWTRYSHOP.com. Their cosmetics are awesome because I am able to allow my clients to customize their cosmetic needs. I advise everyone to try this line of cosmetics, it is fabulous...
xxnicxx06
Makeup Artist

Unread postby xxnicxx06 » May 3rd, 2012, 8:27 pm

Anyone know where i can get some good brushes in uk?? Xx
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Unread postby mmarazzi » May 8th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Hi There,
In the UK, try anywhere that sells the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman and Pixiwoo. I just discovered these brushes in the States, and they are wonderful! They are absolutely the softest brushes and really affordable. What sold me on them was that they work on the MAC creme-to-powder shadows and no other brushes do that--not even the MAC brushes I have! I especially like the lash-brow groomer, because it has a metal comb for the lashes, and the setting brush.
I hope this info helps you!
Best,
M.A.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”