success

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
cturner
Makeup Artist

success

Unread postby cturner » October 2nd, 2011, 10:21 am

How do i make a name for myself after cosmetology and makeup school. I want to travel all over!!
darcylavigne
Makeup Artist

Re: success

Unread postby darcylavigne » November 1st, 2011, 4:19 pm

Good question....if you find out, let me know! :D
tmm1985
Makeup Artist

Unread postby tmm1985 » November 4th, 2011, 8:08 pm

I would suggest networking. In this day and age with so much technology and numerous resources available, I would suggest things such as Facebook, Twitter, business cards, a personal website, word of mouth,etc...Of course, a website and business cards may cost you money, but it may be worth it if you are really serious about putting yourself out there. I would also suggest having a portfolio put together to showcase your best work. Good luck!
Cairalice
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Cairalice » November 30th, 2011, 9:38 am

Its called "TF" work, make an account on ModelMayhem.com and network! Do a few "trade for" photoshoots to build your portfolio its basically you do makeup for free and get free photo's. Then get your name out there fb fan page, youtube videos if you can, twitter, business cards, when you get your hair and nails done chit chat about the industry, work a retail makeup counter job...if your work is on point and you keep it professional your business will sell it self! Never give up and good luck!

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”