What have you learned about yourself

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
NicholeDominguez

What have you learned about yourself

Unread post by NicholeDominguez »

What have you learned about yourself since starting QC? Has it been years since you were doing assignments of any kind? What are your study habits like in reality, versus how you thought/wanted them to be before starting? Are you still as excited as when you received your first package? What do you want new/future students to know before starting? What are your obstacles, etc?

I've learned that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to any school work and refuse to try unless I know I can do it "perfectly" lol! I haven't been in school in about five years (went to college off and on). As for study habits, I prefer to be uninterrupted with no background noise if possible. I had originally thought I could study on my breaks at work but that didn't happen since coworkers are nosy lol! ;) I am still excited, but a bit overwhelmed since our computer crashed and I had no way to access one, meanwhile the assignments built up! But we replaced our desktop and now I can move forward. New/future students should be realistic in understanding that it is one thing to blow through assignments, but in reality you need to be prepared to practice skills repeatedly in order to get the most out of it. For myself, my obstacles are three small kids at home, a full time job with varying hours, and a husband who works overnights. Not to mention I joined roller derby! :)