Hey Guys Feeling a little shy and lost

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
ShelleyB

Hey Guys Feeling a little shy and lost

Unread post by ShelleyB »

Hey guys I how are you all I am Shelley and I am from Wagga Wagga in Australia.
I am so very excited, to finally do what my heart truly desires is very exciting.
I am a little bit overwhelmed with it all, but enjoying it totally, I have defiantly gone out of my comfort zone and trying something I have always wanted to do.
I am struggling to sleep with excitement, and when I wake up I cannot wait to get to my units.
My kit arrived Thursday 5 days ago and I have completed the first unit and very excited to start B.
I have my first model coming over in just 3 days time so I can do my first assessment on someone, I am very excited.
Can anyone offer any advise on completing the tasks? of more importantly when purchasing products for your kits to use what foundations does everyone buy or use? what is everyone's favourites?
Any suggestions are very much appreciated in advance
Kirsten
Makeup Artist

Re: Hey Guys Feeling a little shy and lost

Unread post by Kirsten »

Hi! I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. I feel the same way, I don't have a lot of experience with makeup even though I love it!!! What I have been doing is looking up a bunch of makeup reviews on youtube to see what other people think of products. Goss Makeup artist is one of my favourites. He buys all his own products so is not biased.
samanthaewert
Makeup Artist

Unread post by samanthaewert »

Hi Shelley,
I'm from the US and have been doing make up for several years. My biggest advice is to practice on everyone and anyone you can get your hands on even if it's outside of your assignment and want to try new things. I would ask my friends and family all the time if I could practice on them and eventually got a job at Sephora so I could learn more.

As far as brands of foundation I was always a fan of using more high end products such as MakeUp4Ever or Laura Mercier but you do not have to spend a ton when you are first starting out. Because I worked at Sephora they gave us a lot of free product to try out and I really enjoyed MakeUp4Ever's HD Foundation. They have a huge range of color choices and the product goes on smoothly. But like I said you can also go for drug store makeup as well. Right now I'm trying out L'Oreal's True Match liquid foundation and I'm in love with it. Only $10 here in the US compared to spending $40 for MakeUp4Ever. My advice is use trial and error. Go into a Sephora or Ulta if you have one and play around with their makeup. Put it on the back of your hand and pay attention to how it feels, how it glides on the skin, the colors.

Hope it helps! Good luck!
spagirl

Unread post by spagirl »

I'm Marla from Manitoba. I have been wondering the same thing about colors of foundations, and lipsticks and blush. What brands and and is there some colors for each that will be a good starter for our kits?