Is it me or is Unit B the most difficult?

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Reshema
Makeup Artist

Is it me or is Unit B the most difficult?

Unread post by Reshema »

Hi Guys!

My name is Reshema and i have completed Unit A quickly and easily earning an A+. But for the longest while I have been stuck on Unit B. I am making my way through it, but does anyone have tips that can help me with this unit?
Ange

Re: Is it me or is Unit B the most difficult?

Unread post by Ange »

Hi Reshema,

I'm 2/3 of the way through Unit B, I just need to complete the mature makeup and flawless skin practical parts when I find models. It's definitely more involved and practical than Unit A! IS there anything you're struggling with in particular?

Ange
redheadedmocha

Unread post by redheadedmocha »

I had a horrible time with the blending assignment in this unit!! After repeatedly trying over and over again until my arm hurt, I finally got what I was looking for...hopefully it's what my tutor is looking for!! I now have to do the hands on work on the models!! For me, it's easier to do the look they want on myself repeatedly for practice so when I do it on my models, I know exactly how and where I want the products/colors etc. Hope that helps!! It should be fun, I love doing it!!
TazbayleyMUA

Unread post by TazbayleyMUA »

Yes im finding Unit B is taking me a while to get through. I am half way through at the moment, but I find the hardest part is find the time to get hold of model for each of the assignments, does anyone else find this?
I work full time and do makeup at every opportunity I have, so when it comes to finding the time to get a model for my assignments, I struggle. I'm concerned as this unit is taking me ages to complete.
Has anyone else found that its taken them a few months to complete an assignment?

Taz x
beautybykarixo

Unread post by beautybykarixo »

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!! I'm also working on the blending assignment and this unit feels so much harder than Unit A!
Desireesimmons88

Unread post by Desireesimmons88 »

I'm struggling with unit B also but I'm making my way through it... :D
itslittleap

Unread post by itslittleap »

I'm on Unit B too and have been struggling. I did Unit A but this is taking much longer. I wasn't sure about the blending assignment but I think I did it. I agree with Taz as I'm finding it hard to get different models for each practical assignment and I'm trying not to use the same people. They're not wrong when they say that doing it on others isn't like doing it on yourself. Good luck!
Prettyface

Unread post by Prettyface »

I'm having the same problems. It's taking me forever. My biggest problem is taking the pictures, colours just won't show up.
Emma

Unread post by Emma »

Hi everyone

I am so relieved these posts today to be honest. I am a full time mum (was made redundant in February), and I am finding it hard, it is taking me ages. I haven't even got on to the part of finding models for the practicals yet.

Do we have a time period in which we have to complete I know it's 'at your own pace', but surely there must come a time when QC say, right your course is taking forever (lol).

xxx
briakimber

Unread post by briakimber »

The hardest part is finding models. I did Unit A in a few days, but I am definitely moving more slowly with Unit B. Mostly because I need a mature model.
briakimber

Unread post by briakimber »

Emma wrote:Hi everyone

I am so relieved these posts today to be honest. I am a full time mum (was made redundant in February), and I am finding it hard, it is taking me ages. I haven't even got on to the part of finding models for the practicals yet.

Do we have a time period in which we have to complete I know it's 'at your own pace', but surely there must come a time when QC say, right your course is taking forever (lol).

xxx
Emma, we can take our time but I think the overall limit is something like three years? I remember reading something like that when I signed up.
Keira

Unread post by Keira »

I finished it pretty quickly. I didn't really find it difficult. I got A- for the unit! WOO :D
NinaWhite
Makeup Artist

Unread post by NinaWhite »

Emma I feel your pain. I signed up for this course in Feb of 2013 and between working full time and being a mom I am just getting into Unit B. I finished Unit A in March of 2013! :o Im so thankful they allow you to submit your assignments on yourself because I do not have models at all. My friends have all moved to other states and my family lives about 3 hours away.