makeup kits

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
lizzybelleMM4

makeup kits

Unread post by lizzybelleMM4 »

hey guys. im starting to build my kit, and as i am a single, stay at home mum of two, im trying to find good quality but inexpensive makeup to start of with. i know of NYX and e.l.f but if anyone can tell me some different brands it would be really appreciated. thanks :D
Makeuphoarder

Re: makeup kits

Unread post by Makeuphoarder »

Hi, have you looked into BH cosmetics or Coastal scents? I've heard great reviews and have seen their prices. Very inexpensive and very good pigmentation :D
lizzybelleMM4

oh really? ill definatly have a look :) thank you :)
CHICBlends

Unread post by CHICBlends »

Good Afternoon,

I recommend you also look into Shanycosmetics.com good products for cheap prices. - Colyn
Angel98

Unread post by Angel98 »

I wouldn't use BH or Coastal Scents as they have poor product control (made in China) and the quality just isn't there.
Even though they are cheap, you will get what you pay for. For a neutral eye palette go to paulaschoice.com and get her version of the Naked's. She made it with Wayne Goss. $35.00.
Contact companies and apply for their discounts. Not just the ones that QC makes available, but Smashbox,etc.
I hope this helps :D
summermaenner

Unread post by summermaenner »

if you have an Ulta around you, they are constantly have 20% off coupons in the sunday papers
lizzybelleMM4

summermaenner wrote:if you have an Ulta around you, they are constantly have 20% off coupons in the sunday papers

im in Australia :( i dont we have Ulta :(
Rxoxo

Unread post by Rxoxo »

Can we get a discount with M.A.C as well?
Rxoxo

Unread post by Rxoxo »

Thank you for the BC cosmetics information, I didn't know about the poor quality. I used to buy them all the time, but never had any issues with any product.
lizzybelleMM4

Rxoxo wrote:Can we get a discount with M.A.C as well?

not that i am aware off unfortunately
missPixie

Unread post by missPixie »

That being said though 90% of everything is made it China nowadays too it seems.....even when you read labels on other products it says manufactured for..meaning private label for a company existing at that address on the pkg...not that it was made at that address :/

*Im building my starter kit with Bodyography, Sweet Leilani, Some Avon good old fashioned, BH Cosmetics, revlon etc.
bonniesbeauty

Unread post by bonniesbeauty »

lizzybelleMM4 wrote:
summermaenner wrote:if you have an Ulta around you, they are constantly have 20% off coupons in the sunday papers

im in Australia :( i dont we have Ulta :(
I am in new Zealand and I have been using Nutrimetics they products are realy good
https://www.nutrimetics.co.nz/tinadeal/home.aspx
They have a deal if you sign up you get a free kit when u order $230.00 nz they are in Australia to so look into it there special books come out each month and well you can make money of the products as well as people want to buy what you are using .
Hope that helps you
Tina
MummaBear

Unread post by MummaBear »

Hello there,

If you are in Australia, try the website amrhair.com.au
They have a range of products called Palladio and they are a lovely inexpensive brand of cosmetics.
I am a hairdresser and I use this site from the Gold Coast and they send all over Australia...
Worth a look!
It is really exciting stocking the kit!!
You can also check out the big chemists like Chemist warehouse they have all types of makeup etc, try Target also they stock the less expensive NP Set (Napoleon Perdis), these are also a lovely product!
Hope you find what you are looking for!!
Chow for now
Jaimee
Getglam

Unread post by Getglam »

Rxoxo wrote:Can we get a discount with M.A.C as well?
Yes you can but it will cost you a monthly fee of around $25
MA44733

Unread post by MA44733 »

well there is Mac , nars, benefit tarte stila urban decay
Gem1986
Makeup Artist

Unread post by Gem1986 »

Hi! You can also check out Studio London stuff, they're great and not pricey at all! Also go to ebay and search for Lydia cosmetic brushes, they are good brushes without being overly priced! (the ones I have are cute and pink and come in their own pink pvc holder too!)