Newbie - Best Cruelty Free Products (in Australia)

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Katrina84

Newbie - Best Cruelty Free Products (in Australia)

Unread postby Katrina84 » March 30th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Hi everyone

I have just signed up to the master makeup artist course and am in Perth (Western Australia).

Just wondering what everyone's recommendations are for cruelty free makeup brands that are either readily available in stores in Australia or can order online to Australia for the following:

Good Primer
Foundation
Setting Powder or Spray
Blush & Bronzer
Eye liner (gel or long wearing)
Eye shadow

Thanks
Katrina :D
devotwitch

Re: Newbie - Best Cruelty Free Products (in Australia)

Unread postby devotwitch » April 12th, 2015, 1:41 pm

I know that toofaced is definately cruelity free. If you really like a brand and wanna try some stuff.. just ring or email the company if they are giving you false information they just won't answer the question or answer yours with a question. Most companies aren't allowed to avoid the question now. Like where I live, they aren't allowed to test on animals now apprently so. :D

I hope that helps a bit. :S
UrbanWarpaint

Unread postby UrbanWarpaint » June 6th, 2015, 6:41 am

Hi Katrina

I am a vegan and only use cruelty free vegan products. It depends on whether you want high end or not but here are some suggestions;

Good Primer- Personally I am a fan of a good moisturiser instead of a primer, so I recommend Graftobian's oxyderm for that purpose. However I do have Face of Australia HD primer and Face base primer, and Cover FX's anti aging in my kit, I also plan to get some jojoba oil for my kit for really dry skin particularly under the eyes for mature skin

Foundation- I use the RCMA sample palettes in VK 10 and 11 so I have a good range of colours, these can be purchased from Scotty's makeup if you are in Melbs or Sydney or online, they are versatile and super pigmented so can be used as a concealer, cream foundation or used with a thinner for a more sheer coverage.

Setting Powder or Spray- Kett HD translucent powder (online from Camera ready cosmetics, Too Face Primed and poreless loose powder for bridal, Australis make a good setting spray for everyday or for something more heavy duty blue marble setting spray available at Scotty's

Blush & Bronzer- I like Too Faced, Face of Australia, Australis, Elf and hourglass

Eye liner- Do yourself a favour and get some duraline from inglot, it turns any eyeshadow into a liner and wont budge. I also like Inglot gel liners and ELF for a good cheap option

Eye shadow- Inglot, Yaby, Lime Lily, Chi Chi, Sleek idevine palettes (from Lipstick republic) Ben Nye have an amazing basics palette, BYS have a Nude 1 and Nude 2 palette which is pretty good (unfortunately Urban Decay are now owned by Loreal so I won't buy the original Naked palettes as good as they are)

Some Drugstore cruelty free brands that are good;

Face of Australia
Australis
BYS
Elf
Models Prefer
Savvy
Essence

Pro and high end cruelty free brands;

Hourglass
FaceAtelier
CoverFX
RCMA
Ben Nye
Graftobian
Illamasqua
Yaby
Lime Lily
Inglot
Pacifica
Blinc
Becca
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Kat Von D
Too Faced
The Balm
Cinema Secrets

Hope that helps xx
Maria71

Unread postby Maria71 » June 22nd, 2017, 9:38 pm

Hi im a new student here from Aus, i too would like to use cruelty free and organic products, have you tried world organics make up, as i have read some good reviews.
shelle8

Unread postby shelle8 » June 23rd, 2017, 11:42 am

Hi Everyone Please join the FB group for QC Students and Graduates. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/
QC STAFF are a member of out group :)

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”