Thinking about a makeup course

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Aimee.Dunn

Thinking about a makeup course

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » July 7th, 2016, 9:23 am

Hey everyone,

I am currently enrolled in three of the event school courses which I am 1/4 way through.

I have been thinking about doing a makeup course, to be honest I am no makeup guru.The most I apply whenever I am going to work or going out is a little liquid foundation,face powder and blusher. I like to use neutral color eye shadow and mascara. I have given up trying to apply liquid eye liner, even after watching all of these you tube videos BUT I wouldn't mind learning from the beginning.

I believe it may be a plus to me being a wedding planner, I can coordinate makeup, dress codes all into one event. But I am also looking for a personal advancement..

Would any of you suggest this course for a beginner like me? Are the materials for the course good? I was actually looking into the master makeup artistry and the airbrush work shop although the special FX looks brilliant..I may have to leave that one for after pursuing my career and use it as a side talent.

Any advice is appreciated, I know some persons on here may already be makeup artists just perfecting their certifications ) or maybe like me!

Thanks guys

Aimee
BeautyDanyel

Re: Thinking about a makeup course

Unread postby BeautyDanyel » July 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Yes,i suggest you to do it. This course is very beginner friendly. The material is very easy to understand, not to mentin you can always come here to ask your fellow students any questions that you may have. Like you said, being that you are going to be a wedding planner, why not increase your profits by adding MUA to your list of services. :D :D :D.
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » July 11th, 2016, 9:23 am

Heyy,

Thanks for the advice. Are you a professional make up artist?
BeautyDanyel

Unread postby BeautyDanyel » July 11th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Im a self taught makeup artist. I am currently a student at qc taking the Master Makeup artist course so that i can call myself a professional.
Aimee.Dunn

Unread postby Aimee.Dunn » July 11th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Sweet! I guess that is why we are all here right ;)

Do you have a makeup blog? I'd be glad to follow you!

I'll definitely give it some thought into doing it, but first I should complete everything else and not get in over my head.

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”