Smashbox Makeup

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Shannie81

Smashbox Makeup

Unread post by Shannie81 »

Hi,

Just after what people thought of smashbox makeup as I see it's popular in America?
I use Napoleon but as i'm getting more into my course, I have been doing more research on over brands.
I don't really have easy access to Smashbox in my home town so i would have to order offline plus, i would like to offer my future clients when I pass my course another product option.
So was just wondering if you don't like it what do you use?
KaitWatters

Re: Smashbox Makeup

Unread post by KaitWatters »

I think Smashbox is a great brand, their primers in particular are my favourite. They have several different kinds both the lotion type, a water and an oil and they're all amazing. I think their eyeshadows aren't quite as good as other brands though like for example ABH or MUFE have much better quality shadows both in single pans and in palettes. I really like their Studio Skin foundation as it's both sweat and water resistant but I'm not sure it's something I'd go out of my way to get if I didn't have easy access to it.
Alice1283

Unread post by Alice1283 »

I do like the smash box primer but other than that I don't like anything else from this brand. I usually use Too Faced and other brands that don't test on animals and have natural ingredients. So when I go to the store that is exactly what I look for in my products.
Shannie81

Unread post by Shannie81 »

Thank you for your reply's. I don't like that they test on animals so that's a good point. I think i may just stay with MAC and Napoleon as I have stores in my home town.
KHicks

Unread post by KHicks »

I have been looking on YouTube for videos of freelancers going over what they have in their kits, and the two tops in most kits are MUFE and MAC. I am going to go with a selection of MAC liquid for face and body, as well as MUFE Mat Velvet. There is also a killer palette, the BBU palette, from Bobbi Brown that you can order online. It is on my Christmas wishlist this year. Fingers crossed...