Concealer help

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Sarah078755

Concealer help

Unread postby Sarah078755 » December 6th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the whole concealer thing under the eyes etc, I normally used colour corrector, green for red spots and yellow under the eyes (what it says on the pallet).

Currently working my way through unit B and I seem to be struggling a bit with the concealer.. I can never get the whole under eyes clear of the dark blue colour and it's starting to frustrate me.. as well as putting on the foundation last when I'm ask to apply it first in B5 assignment... can anyone shed some light or tips please..
Thank you
KHicks

Re: Concealer help

Unread postby KHicks » December 6th, 2016, 4:52 pm

I'm struggling with the same thing in unit B!! I just posted on the Facebook wall, looking for some advice. I know that Nathan prefers to put on foundation first to let it do part of the job, but I think I am finding that if I put the concealer on first, the foundation blends better. I have no idea if that is really true or if I am just believing it. And my understanding is to use the corrector first, then concealer on top. Can anyone help us?
Sarah078755

Unread postby Sarah078755 » December 7th, 2016, 12:16 pm

LondonRose

Unread postby LondonRose » January 9th, 2017, 12:11 am

Hello.

Try using a concealer with a peach to orange tint (LA PRO corrector shades). Peach and orange tend to blend out blueish discoloration best. (Check out a color wheel diagram on google!) Also, what do you use to blend the concealer? Sponges give a more sheer appearance, so maybe opt for a concealer brush to apply the color and blend with your fingers. In regards to using foundation or concealer first...I think think it's more of a preference sort of thing. I know a lot of women that choose to put concealer on first. I on the other hand, prefer to put concealer on last, as it helps me to highlight my face better. At the end of the day, whatever method you find that is most easiest, safe and just does it for you, go for that! Makeup is about learning, experimenting and practical applications. There's really no 'rules'. Hope this was helpful. :D

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”