Makeup / SFX course

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
naturallyniamhy

Makeup / SFX course

Unread postby naturallyniamhy » February 28th, 2017, 11:05 am

Hey girls and guys!

I'm new to this makeup course and I am looking to connect with many other aspiring makeup artists or fully qualified makeup artists. Mainly to share tips and ideas, and work together. Also, would be a good thing to work on a few different faces other myself or my boyfriend. I'm from the Ontario area in Canada. Anyone close by wanting to chat or meet up?

Much love,

Niamh

P.s. get back to me and we can swap emails to further are makeup meetup!! :) :D
jhester12

Re: Makeup / SFX course

Unread postby jhester12 » March 2nd, 2017, 12:19 pm

Hi my name is Jessica Hester and I am also new to all this..

=)
naturallyniamhy

Unread postby naturallyniamhy » March 5th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Hey Jessica!

How is everything with you and your course? How're you finding it? Whereabouts are you from? :D
Carlos39

Unread postby Carlos39 » March 6th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Greetings Niamh,

My name is Carlos, I live in New Jersey USA. I am new to this course as well. To be honest I have been working with making latex masks and prosthetics before I joined. I'm two weeks in to QCMA. I am very passionate to take this all the way! I myself would love to work on different faces as well. All shapes and sizes, skin tones are a plus! As of right now I only have two models that are more than happy to volunteer (should get more). I have done the written assignments so far so its time for the exciting portion of the course. Best of luck to you Niamh. Stay safe on your journey to becoming a professional 8-)

Take care.

My e-mail: Liontamer39@hotmail.com
shelle8

Unread postby shelle8 » March 26th, 2017, 11:14 am

Hi Everyone - just want to spread the word that there is a group for all the QC MAKE UP students and Graduates to come together and discuss all things make up and ask for advice .. QC Make up academy have give us permission to do this and the QC STAFF are a member of our page so feel free to show of all your amazing work with the group! Hope to see you there! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/
Doreen

Unread postby Doreen » March 29th, 2017, 12:37 am

This sounds awesome. I join made a join request.
Dayscreams

Unread postby Dayscreams » March 30th, 2017, 8:25 am

Hi all-
Michele here.

First 4 assignments are submitted and I simply am gathering time and supplies to start the applications.
Anyone know how long it takes to get responses- grades on our assignments?

Anxious new student here...sorry to be a pain.
Would love more friends who are in the courses with me.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Dayscreams on April 4th, 2017, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunflower3

Unread postby Sunflower3 » April 3rd, 2017, 5:52 am

Hi my name is Nancy and I am new in this course. I am very excited and hope to learn from each one of you too.
Dayscreams

Unread postby Dayscreams » April 4th, 2017, 7:51 am

Morning All. I am Michele.
I started the courses last week and had submitted Unit A lessons 1- 4. Just need time watch the videos to start the application lessons. Since I am so new I was wondering if anyone else can advise me how long it takes for the lessons to be graded. Or do you have to submitt everything in the unit first.
I have been doing my own makeups for 30+ years and doing face painting for the past 10+.
I started doing makeup for local theater groups last year and actually got a job as lead makeup artist at our resort area haunted house last spring so I have experience but wanted actual instruction beyond you tube and trial and error.

A bit intimidated about all that is involved in turning this into an actual business of my own but there is nothing like this anywhere near me, only wedding\beauty makeup- but no special effects. No schools, no permanent jobs and no real film industry.

So enough about me. When do we hear back from our instructor?

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”