Brides and Bridesmaids

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
NadineMichelle

Brides and Bridesmaids

Unread postby NadineMichelle » April 12th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Hi! I'm about to start wedding season doing makeup for the first time (I've been doing wedding hair for years) ... I'm just curious what other artists do differently for the bride than for the bridesmaids? I would love some feedback!
MagicbyMisha

Re: Brides and Bridesmaids

Unread postby MagicbyMisha » April 25th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Hi Nadine,

What I typical do is give the bride a totally different look than the bridesmaids which means I usually reserve cut-crease or smokey eye makeup for the bride and I usually do much more dramatic lashes. I usually keep the bridesmaids lashes pretty standard and the bride I normally do something that has Bling Bling on the lashes (those little stone things).

I also focus more on the brides WANTS. THe bridesmaids are there to support the bride so I typically as her if she wants them to have color or if she wants them to have more neutral colors etc. With the pride I typically don't do much color unless they ask for it (On the eyes that is)...this also depends on the colors of the dress. I spend the most amount of time on the bride and reserve her for last and ensure that I have put my heart and soul into her look. I also put lots of shimmer if not on the lid, on the waterline and in the corners of the eye.

I hope that answers your question....im excited for us!
NadineMichelle

Re: Brides and Bridesmaids

Unread postby NadineMichelle » August 4th, 2017, 1:37 am

Thanks Misha!

Can't believe I only just saw this! I like your approach, I think I will do the same thing!

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”