Eyeshadow

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
BriBooker

Eyeshadow

Unread postby BriBooker » April 13th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Anybody have any tips tricks or suggestions on eyeshadow application? I can't seem to get it down and I'm not sure why. I've watched the video on how to apply natural eye and transition to a smokey eye and I've read the text as well as practiced multiple times on a model as well as myself, however for some reason it always come out slightly off than what I envisioned. Especially with smokey eye. Anybody else struggle with this?
TonyaJ

Re: Eyeshadow

Unread postby TonyaJ » April 18th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you envision because of the eye shape. You have to adapt your techniques with different eye shapes. Seeing as I have hooded eyes I have to apply my lower lid shade higher up on my eye so that it can still be seen. Try watching or looking up images with the different eye shapes and where to apply what. It will help with your application of shadows. Hope that this helps, the school will get into the discussion of eye shapes but not in the early lessons. Although I think that it should be discussed early on as it would help with you knowing how to do this on your models that you are applying makeup to for your assignments. Because everyone is bound to have different eye shapes.

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”