Anyone else enrolled in the Special Effects course??

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
JQBeauty0103

Anyone else enrolled in the Special Effects course??

Unread postby JQBeauty0103 » November 14th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Hello my name is Lindsay I just started here at QC I am currently already certified as an Esthetician and Makeup Artist but I wanted to brush up on my Artistry skills and add more to my resume!!!! I joined the Master Makeup Artistry Course for a refresher and to learn some of the more advanced skills I may not already know and I also added on the Special Effects course as well!!!! I have always wanted to join a special effects school but I could never find any in Maryland!!!! Some established schools would hold like a 1 day special effects class sometimes but I’ve never came across an actual school that is geared towards or made for special effects and that is when I came across the QC Academy and was very intrigued and decided to join!!!! I was wondering if anyone else is taking the special effects course as well and if so how do you like it and is it what you expected?? Are you learning a lot?? Just basically anything you would like to share about the course I am here to listen!!!! Well good luck everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone on here I hope you have a wonderful night!!!!
Kristyana0402

Re: Anyone else enrolled in the Special Effects course??

Unread postby Kristyana0402 » November 16th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Hey Lindsay Im taking the same classes as you. I havent been able to get past one of the assignments witch is shading and contouring on veins to make them look like the are popping out a little more than usual. I havent been able to work on it for a few month and thats what I love about this school its all in your pace. So if something is hard then you can just keep working on it till you get it right. The teacher is very helpful to and the support team is amazing to! I think you are going to love it.
LauraJane

Unread postby LauraJane » November 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm

I am still doing the first course so I can learn correct technique, as well as sanitation etc but I will be enrolling in FX after. I'm obsessed with avant garde and want to be able to create my own looks with techniques I learn. So exciting to create!
MelissaTSW

Unread postby MelissaTSW » December 1st, 2018, 12:49 am

Yes i am!!
ForTheLoveofGore

Unread postby ForTheLoveofGore » December 9th, 2018, 10:59 am

Hello, My name is Amanda. I just started the special effects program. So excited to be here. I have a deep love and respect for this field. It started with a love of Halloween and all things horror genre related. Every Halloween I set up a huge display usually related to zombies. I just started an Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/fortheloveofgore13/ I am working on the first unit in the class. Highlighting and shadowing. A lot harder than I thought it would be. I try to practice a few hours a day. I will start posting my progress through the course on Instagram as well. I feel like showing my failed attempts will help everyone out. lol. It would be nice to start networking and learning from other students.

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”