Make up for bridal trial

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
DeborahLovero
Makeup Artist

Make up for bridal trial

Unread post by DeborahLovero »

Hi everyone, does anyone have any info on what they think i should charge for a makeup trial i had told the client 15 and then on the day of te wedding 50, should i have charged more??
angie30
Makeup Artist

Re: Make up for bridal trial

Unread post by angie30 »

Yes you should shop prices around find out the salon around you how much they charge nd goes from there.I'm a salon owner and is exsacly what I did for my prices just remember to always be a litter cheap that places around you. :-) I hope this may help you and god luck hun..
DeborahLovero
Makeup Artist

thank you so much for your help, i did look around i think that my prices were pretty cheap but they may be a lil bit to cheap for me going to teh client... If you dnt mind me asking what do you charge for bridal make up??? And where is your salon located???
angie30
Makeup Artist

Unread post by angie30 »

My salon is Springfield,ma. And most of the time I incorporated the prices. What I men by that is that I make a paq. For the bride hair,makeup and trial..and it all depen on what he want. If is only makeup trial star at 20$ if they come too me if I have nto travel to there house it will be a flat rate of $30 for 1 trial. Just remember gas money is included in it. And the day of the wedding is start at 65$
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Unread post by mmarazzi »

Hi Ladies,
I did a search online before I enrolled. What I found was an average of $40 to do someone's make up for a day/party/prom and about $430 for the wedding. What I could not find was how many people the $430 covered. Doing an average, I would say that is about the bride plus 5 people (6 total). So probably the MOB, maid of honor, and 3 bride's maids. I spoke with a wedding planner here in Arizona and she said that was good pricing. She said it is a good idea to have all those people (mentioned earlier in the post) done by the same person to avoid "make-up malfunctions" in the bridal party. I used to do wedding photography and when just one person in the bridal party has hot pink metallic eye shadow from the lid to the brow--it can ruin the wedding photos.
I hope this is helpful.
MA
DeborahLovero
Makeup Artist

Thank you very much for that info, But what prices did she say was good... i Actually have a girl that wants her makeup one for herwedding on valentines day but it isat a court house and she doesnt have alot of money, so she asked if she can pay e 40 and i said ok cuz i figured that was better then nothing and maybe she will have a reception or something and word of mouth is great, do you all think that i should of said no or was that a good idea? Input please????? :?:
angie30
Makeup Artist

Unread post by angie30 »

Hello Debby well hun to be honest. I do that alot with my client because words of mouth work great and it will pay off at the end. But do let you client know that never give te price out for u. And so far it work for me. I hope this help. God luck.. ;)