Course work during quarantine

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
tajriyanm

Course work during quarantine

Unread postby tajriyanm » April 16th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Hey everyone, I've been enrolled in MMA for a long time and my course expires end of June and I've been so busy with school and work that I haven't done much of the course until now. I'm finishing up Unit B and I'm kinda worried about doing assignments properly considering I only have myself, my sister, and maybe my mom to use as models during physical distancing. I know quarantine is a great time to practice makeup on myself and create looks for my portfolio, but I just wonder how I'm supposed to do some of the assignments (particularly the male makeup one) while I'm stuck at home. Anyone have thoughts on this?
AyaS

Re: Course work during quarantine

Unread postby AyaS » April 22nd, 2020, 1:42 pm

Do you have a male family member who you can practice on?
Ryllan

Unread postby Ryllan » April 24th, 2020, 9:09 am

When I did my MA course I also had an issue with finding models. I basically had myself, my best friend and my mother-in-law to harass. I was told to just work with what I had available to me....which was great because I was really starting to eye my husband to determine his skin tone and whether or not my available foundation would work on him :lol:
tajriyanm

Unread postby tajriyanm » May 3rd, 2020, 4:32 pm

I do have male family members at home, but they're pretty conservative and I don't think they would be too keen on lending me their faces :/ but yeah I think I will just have to use the techniques on myself or whoever I have.
makeupartistsharon

Unread postby makeupartistsharon » May 4th, 2020, 11:43 pm

I can't figure out how to submit my work can anyone help me out with that
RebaAnne

Unread postby RebaAnne » June 27th, 2020, 12:59 pm

As for models I reached out personally and asked people if I could practice on them as quarantine restrictions ease up. Even for the male unit, if worse comes to worse we can work on ourselves for the time being. I found social media a HUGE help with finding models. I asked my network on facebook if they would mind volunteering with an "In Search Of" graphic. I received about 20 replies. If you use facebook you can post a status and even if you get one or two replies it's a better start than being at zero.

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”