HELP needed with identifying brushes

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Newbie88

HELP needed with identifying brushes

Unread post by Newbie88 »

Hey all
Sorry if this sounds like an absolute idiotic question but I would really appreciate it if someone could please help with me identifying what brushes are for what? I’ve tried googling but I can’t seem to quite find it out as they all look different to the ones that came in my kit. I’m a newbie and have only just signed up to do the makeup course. Thanks in advance :)
Haywood

Re: HELP needed with identifying brushes

Unread post by Haywood »

Hi ,

The best way is to check your book, which is called Makeup Essentials, on page 45 Brushes and Application Tools.

cheers
Newbie88

Unread post by Newbie88 »

Thank you very kindly :)
ambitiouskandy

Unread post by ambitiouskandy »

I have the same problem, even after looking at page 43-46 of the orientation to professional practice text book. Some of the brushes I cannot identified as some of the brush seemed drawn by a computer and is not an exact representation like a picture. I hope that makes sense.
PlatonicRose4u

Unread post by PlatonicRose4u »

My instructor advise was try out the brushes and practice trying them out to see which provide most convenience for you. He said, brushes are not writing in stone when it comes to the usage, they can be use for variety of task as long as it gives you the result you are looking for.
So don't stress too much, and discover your brushes. :D
Hope this is helpful.
RebaAnne

Unread post by RebaAnne »

In the Master Make Up Course (If you are enrolled in that one) There is a video by my tutor Nathan, in Unit A about brushes. I know the kit comes with extensive brushes, I am thinking that most of them in the kit are eye brushes. Larger eye brushes are for blending, smaller eye brushes are for applying.