Makeup Artistry Student

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
msbgamble
Makeup Artist

Makeup Artistry Student

Unread post by msbgamble »

Hello All-

I wanted to formally introduce myself to the group of you in pursuit of either the CIMP or the MIMP. I am a new student, Brittney Gamble, just enrolled about 4 days ago. I am excited to learn a new skill, and eventually employ these skills as an entrepreneur (my dream).

I wanted to gauge everyone's ideas about the course, both students who are new to makeup (like myself) and those experienced. What are your goals after completing the course? Any of you out there working full-time and pursuing this as a part-time opportunity (like myself)? How useful is the Personal Website? Any of you have websites displaying your work?

I want to make the best of my experience as a student and a working professional, so I hope to use this thread to discuss some of everything that will be beneficial to all of us as we grow as professional MUAs.

Check out my profile, ask questions... let's become successful together!!! :!:
Jessica@GLAMyou
Makeup Artist

Re: Makeup Artistry Student

Unread post by Jessica@GLAMyou »

I'm also enrolled in the Makeup Artistry program and am about half way through. I'm relatively new to professional makeup, but have been doing makeup for weddings, proms and other events for year, just as a favor for friends here and there.

I'm planning on perusing makeup artistry as a part-time endeavor to start but would like it to become a full time option in the future.

I want to focus primarily on classes, parties, weddings and special events. Once my course is completed I'll be launching an on-site beauty service called Glam You that will service all of Prince Edward Island, Canada. Becoming and entrepreneur has always been a very important goal of mine. I'll also be working with some hairstylists and estheticians so we can bring the entire package right to our clients door.

I've built a personal website on the QC Site. I haven't received any feedback through it, so I'm not sure of its effectiveness. I think creating your own personal website or blog would be a great option as well, that way prospective clients have something they can check out and really get a feel for you as an artist:)
Damsel
Makeup Artist

Unread post by Damsel »

Hi,
I'm Bukky, enrolled in the Makeup Artistry course and just starting unit B. I've done a few trainings on makeup but hope to acquire more skills, wealth of experience and build my confidence. On completing my units, makeup artistry will be a full time endeavor for me.

My interest lies in bridals and classic makeup and that's my focus in the academy. I also have a blog (I recently changed the template though) where I do product reviews, write beauty tips and I'm currently working on some other posts which I'll upload once I have enough drafts (so that I don't run out of posts and to keep my blog active :) ).

I've not built my website on the QC site yet but will sure look into it.
It's a pleasure meeting you Jessica and Brittney.

see you at the top!
msbgamble
Makeup Artist

Unread post by msbgamble »

Jessica-
Good luck with the completion of the program. How do you market your services for prom, special events, etc?

Bukky-
What's the URL for your blog? I'd love to visit! I'm going to start a blog as well once I start building my portfolio.
Damsel
Makeup Artist

Unread post by Damsel »

Brittney,

http://www.damselmakeovers.com/meet-damsel/

All the best with yours.