help creating personal website..

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
daisykay87
Makeup Artist

help creating personal website..

Unread postby daisykay87 » January 31st, 2013, 6:10 pm

need some kind of advice on creating my own site. just a little worried about who can and canniot see it.. and can we also advertise our own work on this site.. and make profite of course..
Krysta Ketcheson

Re: help creating personal website..

Unread postby Krysta Ketcheson » February 7th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Hi daisykay87,

You can definitely select whether or not you want your profile to be visible on the web!

If you want people to be able to search for you under the 'Find Professional' tab, you can do the following:
1) Log into your Online Student Center
2) Select 'Profile Visibility' under the 'Personal Website' Tab.
3) Make sure it says 'Your account is currently enabled'.

If you also want people to be able to search for your profile through a search engine, such as Google, these are some steps you can take:
1) Log into your Online Student Center
2) Select 'Details' under the 'Personal Website' tab
3) Make sure you have selected 'Allow search engine to index my site'

This Online Profile is yours for life, even after you graduate, and is meant to be a showcase for your business. This means you're welcome to include whatever contact details you would like, along with pictures of your work. You can also modify or change your profile at any time.

If you aren't ready to make your website visible simply make sure it says 'Your account is currently disabled' under the 'profile visibility tab' and remove the check mark from the 'allow search engine to index my site'.

Feel free to send us an e-mail at info@qceventplanning.com if you have any other questions!

Kind Regards,

Krysta
Student Support Manager

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”