Assignment A8

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Assignment A8

Unread post by LimeGlitterPuca »

The Executive Summary for your Business Plan.
Did anyone do this?
I know it is an optional assignment and I half considered just skipping right over it. However, since I'm not sure just where I'm going to take this once I'm done with the course, I figured as much help as possible would be good and I really ought to include the Summary.
However, I'm not exactly sure how to structure and put it together, what to include and how to go about explaining what I'm going to do.
So if there is anyone that completed and submitted this assignment, I would appreciate some tips and advice so much!
Bellasmommy08
Makeup Artist

Re: Assignment A8

Unread post by Bellasmommy08 »

I was thinking the same thing I typed the executive summary but don't know if I have to add anything els this was the most confusing part of unit 1 lol im lost too and don't know if I should summit it like this or not. :cry:
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

I know what you mean, I've got a general idea typed out, but am not sure I included everything that is supposed to be in there. I might work on it some more and then just submit it the way it is and see what happens. Personally I think it would have been nice if they gave us a general example of what one looks like, but oh well!
Since it's optional I am assuming it doesn't affect grade outcome, so even if I didn't understand it correctly I'm hoping it doesn't affect the grade.

Good luck, would love to hear if you end up submitting it and how you did. :)
Bellasmommy08
Makeup Artist

Unread post by Bellasmommy08 »

it think it just the exsecutive summary...priceing services ect. because I turned it in and my tutor liked it jus some little suggestions like the name of the company and who I should work with he changed but that's it I got a A- on unit 1.
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Way to go on your grade!!! :)

So you included pricing and business names in your summary?
I haven't put any names in because I wasn't sure if we were supposed to. Now I'm wondering if my summary is more like an outline . . . . what did you mean who you should work with?
SerenityFaith
Makeup Artist

Unread post by SerenityFaith »

I was stuck on this assignment for a good two weeks. Finally, I just cleared my mind, sat down, re-read what should be in it, and it all just kind of flowed. I included what kind of market was out there, what I would use funding for, my goals as a company, what my management structure is (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.).
I got an A+ on Unit A, so I must have done something right. :)
Krysta Ketcheson

Unread post by Krysta Ketcheson »

Hi students!

I see that a few of you have questions about how to write an Executive Summary for your business plan. Here are a few very helpful links that provide tips on how to write your summary as well as examples from various types of businesses. The first link is related to a makeup business however you can use the others as a guides for your own summary by adapting it to your specific business needs :)

http://www.bplans.com/cosmetics_manufac ... ary_fc.php

http://articles.bplans.com/writing-a-bu ... ummary/207

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/busine ... ummary.htm

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch with us by email or phone and we can help you work through it :)

Warm Wishes,

Krysta