Lost on writing a bio

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
princessjerri
Makeup Artist

Lost on writing a bio

Unread postby princessjerri » April 23rd, 2013, 4:22 pm

Hey everyone!
So I'm pretty terrible with writing bios, I'm never sure what sort of pov they're supposed to be written in or what to put. Does anyone have any tips on what they did? :?: I'm pretty lost.
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Re: Lost on writing a bio

Unread postby LimeGlitterPuca » April 23rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

Bio's :? I never know what to put either:)
My suggestion would be to go to the Find Professionals section of QC and go through some profiles to get a feel about how other people did it. I would assume it could be written anyway way you want, just as long as your personality shows through and it doesn't sound stilted and as though you are trying too hard. (Trust me, writing just sounds awkward sometimes when a person is trying too hard to match up to what they've seen other people do:))

Or, maybe write a bio using several different methods until you get one you like, and then, if you wanted, you could go look through other people's bios and see if there might be something you would like to tweak. That way you wouldn't be overly influenced by what someone else did and won't have the pressure of trying to match the feel of what they did. . . . If any of that made sense, I hope it helped a little :)
princessjerri
Makeup Artist

Re: Lost on writing a bio

Unread postby princessjerri » May 30th, 2013, 5:12 pm

That was super helpful, thanks!! I'm still stuck but forming better bio's than before :lol:

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”