Cleaning Makeup

Receive news from QC including course updates, continuing education opportunities, and job postings.
Grandlade
Makeup Artist

Cleaning Makeup

Unread postby Grandlade » April 30th, 2013, 12:15 pm

How are you cleaning your makeup? palletes? lipsticks? wands? I know how and what to clean my brushes but makeup is a questions for me. What are your trends or habits?
lynn
Makeup Artist

Re: Cleaning Makeup

Unread postby lynn » May 18th, 2013, 10:16 pm

If you are wanting to know how to clean you makeup for your kit, there is a company that makes products just for that. Its called BeautySoClean and they have everything for cleaning lipsticks, eye shadows and everything else. You could also just wipe off the top layer of everything if you don't want to spend the money. Hope this helps!
LimeGlitterPuca
Makeup Artist

Unread postby LimeGlitterPuca » May 20th, 2013, 4:31 pm

I've just been wiping the top of everything off.
With powder cakes I usually just use a tissue to wipe it off. But with lipstick palettes, and cream concealer's or foundation palettes I use a cotton swab dampened with a little bit of rubbing alcohol just to make sure the cream stuff gets extra clean.
Eyeliner pencils I usually just sharpen to get the first layer off.

When I can afford it I'd like to get actual cleaner mist stuff, would help tremendously when I get to the end of application and can't remember just what I used, could spray it all and not have to worry! :)
Grandlade
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Grandlade » May 28th, 2013, 11:17 am

Thank you! Great information. I will check it all out! :D

Return to “QC Makeup Academy General Discussion”