QC pet studies

Bettymos24

QC pet studies

Unread postby Bettymos24 » July 6th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Anybody know how can I get a terrier for my assigment? :cry: :cry:
brandyhorse

Re: QC pet studies

Unread postby brandyhorse » July 17th, 2018, 8:38 pm

volunteer to foster dogs from a rescue and then pick a terrior. That's what I am doing...….
annbojan46

Unread postby annbojan46 » August 19th, 2018, 7:15 pm

That's a great idea about fostering a dog. Wish my significant other would let me but I know that's a no. Anyone have any other ideas to find dogs to groom. I tried applying at a Petsmart to see if I can get in as an apprentice dog stylist but didn't hear back. I think facebook friends might be of assistance when I get to that part. I get practice with my rough collie and little pomapoo but most of it is with scizzoring. I must say, I'm getting better and better. Finally got some nasty big mats from my collie's rear end. She is getting more used to me handling her and is now enjoying most of her sessions. I do have to muzzle her during sensitive areas though.
NHughes

Unread postby NHughes » September 20th, 2018, 3:09 pm

get ahold of a shelter even if your not fostering they may have a variety of dogs and are often willing to have the animals groomed at a discount or free as it helps get them adopted andn is great practice for you
PorshUH

Unread postby PorshUH » November 2nd, 2018, 8:59 pm

I started volunteering at an animal adoption center. I had 5 dogs to groom. 4 dogs for 1 day, and 1 dog on the other. They are more than appreciative that someone is helping out with groomimg.

Return to “QC Pet Studies”