Finding Breeds

Tiap

Finding Breeds

Unread post by Tiap »

I was looking ahead in the course and I am soon coming up on the Practicum units. I was wondering how you guys are looking for dogs? There are not a lot of terriers in my area so I'm looking for ideas on how to possibly groom one.
Sidekick

Re: Finding Breeds

Unread post by Sidekick »

Try posting on Facebook marketplace
DG115893

Unread post by DG115893 »

I know a local groomer I am going to ask if I can do a few hours a week in her shop, unpaid apprenticeship. Also there are two rescues in my local area that I am going to contact and ask if they need any help. I will let them know that I am a student and still learning.
CandyHepp

Unread post by CandyHepp »

I am also wondering about terriers as I have asked around and no one in my area knows of any, we are more of a poodle and mix breed area.
Also was wondering if I could us a dog that is only 3-4 months old as my Golden Retriever, all others I have found are old and have never been to a groomer before.
Novice

Unread post by Novice »

A 3-4 month old puppy wouldn't have enough coat to be able to shape or show any difference of the before and after. And it may be harder to work with an inexperienced young puppy for a practical video. Maybe a sheltie can be used?