Non sporting breed practicum

Vmald016

Non sporting breed practicum

Unread post by Vmald016 »

Hi,

what did you guys do to get a purebred poodle or Bischion. I had two clients but canceled on me because they thought I was a professional when the ad clearly states other wise. I’ve been trying to get all my pets together to finish the practicum. Can we use a dog model instead?. I had luck with toy poodle, but he was only 4months and too too small to deal with me, so instead I used him for teddy bear cut. Thanks for any advice.
Novice

Re: Non sporting breed practicum

Unread post by Novice »

Contacting local breeders or rescues for the specific breed(s) can be a good start. Many times these places will welcome a free grooming. Especially if they ( breeders)have retired breeding or show dogs.
Rescue organizations are typically willing to accept any assistance they can find to keep the dogs healthy.
Have you checked your area for any of these options?
TrinaM

Unread post by TrinaM »

I’m wondering would a golden doodle suffice? I have a really curly guy. Would he work for this unit?
Novice

Unread post by Novice »

Mixed breeds can be made to look like most anything, if there’s enough coat and it’s the right type ( curly). And you’re saying it’s very curly. Should be fine to use. But the owner would have to agree to them being made to look like a bichon. Most doodle owners are not willing to have their dog look anything like a poodle. But the bichon look more closely resembles the Teddy Bear clip. The owner may agree to that. Don’t know if they’d be willing to have the clean face and feet and with a topknot. Give it a try. Won’t hurt to ask them.