Finding dogs

ryleeQunell1235

Finding dogs

Unread post by ryleeQunell1235 »

Hi i was wondering where everyone finds there dog breeds at? Im struggling to find poodles and airandales we dont ,have many in ny area
JessicaWoods

Re: Finding dogs

Unread post by JessicaWoods »

I’ve been worried about this too. It’s so hot we’re im at most the breeds here are very short haired (mostly). Have you tried contacted your local shelters? I’m volunteering down at the shelter and they said they’d let me groom some of the dogs as well.
Novice

Unread post by Novice »

Schnauzers are more common than Airedales. Likelier easier to find. And poodle mixes will work if it can be made to look like a poodle or a bichon. Getting the consent of the owners to allow the required look may be the biggest challenge.

The shelter suggestion is a good one. As well as rescue organizations. If there’s free grooming being offered, then the options become increased.
HeatherLynne101

Unread post by HeatherLynne101 »

I personally went to a grooming shop in my area and I was able to get a job and apprentice basically and use the dogs they already have coming to the shop. I would try that and see if anyone in your area would allow you to do that! I had the same trouble finding dogs for certain Units as well. Best of luck you got this!!