How's everyone's course going??

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
KirstyJayne
Makeup Artist

How's everyone's course going??

Unread postby KirstyJayne » June 26th, 2012, 5:46 am

Hi everyone! Just wondering how your all doing? My names Kirsty I'm 22 from Lincolnshire, England. I've been doing the course since last year but only on unit B. I lost my job in a hair salon at the beginning of the year, I'd been there for six years very gutted but the salon had to close due to the recession. I've lost a lot of time on my course as I started up my own business as a mobile hairdresser and not really had a lot of time to do much of it but I have my motivation back now and will be cracking on. Would be great to hear from you all.
heatherette
Makeup Artist

Re: How's everyone's course going??

Unread postby heatherette » June 27th, 2012, 12:52 pm

I only just turned in Unit A on Sunday, but I am very excited to get to Unit B where I actually get to start working on people!
Lu
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Lu » June 28th, 2012, 2:55 pm

:) Hi! Just heard from my course counselor and I got an "A!" on Unit "A". I was a little confused about some of the questions but I did very well! I am so happy! Have been practicing and shopping on Ebay, got lots of good stuff, primers and foundations, etc. Bought Mac brushes and twofaced eye primer, Benefit Lemon-Aide, Urban Decay Eye Primer. I like both primers, but twofaced seems to hold on to the true color. Urban Decay, is smoother and is also good. I've used my daughter as a model for my makeup and my God mother. I wanted to use an older woman to see what type of skin I can work on. Older women have softer skin and there's not much elasticity, but with a little gentle nudging, you can bring it back to life. (Check out my photos). Well, looking forward to the next class! Hasta la pasta, babeeeeeeee!
KellyW
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KellyW » June 28th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Hey Kirsty!! Hey Lu!!! Iam doing the master makeup aswell! Iam very new just started and just got my kit on monday. Congrats Lu! you'll be great! Unit B is all about t models and makeup! woopw woop! Iam almost done UnitA. Got a few things to do. Also Kirsty sorry to hear about your job, but like they always say when one door closes another one opens and it looks like thats exactly what you've done. Thats very exciting and you get to travel! Im from Canada. british columbia to be precise from a small town called 100 Mile house. Keep in touch on your progress ladies!!! :)
KellyW
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KellyW » June 28th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Heather! Your new too! Congrats on movin on to unit B can't wait to see posts and your progress!!
KirstyJayne
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KirstyJayne » June 28th, 2012, 3:53 pm

It's so good hearing from people in the same situation as me. I have a few more assignments to do on unit B. can't wait to hand it in. Soooo Looking forward to doing the fantasy makeup it looks amazing. What do u all hope to do when you've finished the course ??
KellyW
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KellyW » June 29th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Thats great! Good for you! I want to travel a bit and get my name out there do lots of different things. Fashion, theater ect. Eventually down the road Iam wanting to open my own makeup boutique and sell the makeup products I use. How about u??
Lu
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Lu » June 30th, 2012, 8:13 am

:D G'morning all! Hot as all get-out here in NYC. Read all your responses and hope all goes well for everybody. Its funny how when you mention you're becoming a makeup artist how people ask you why don't you do hair also so that you can do their hair. Really? Am I here at your disposal and to accommodate you're every whim? I laugh on the inside because my passion is MAKEUP! Hello! Lol. What I love about makeup is that you can be a chameleon. You can change you're looks with the stroke of a brush. You can high-light, shadow, reshape and mold you're face to make it look the way you want it. Not physically, of course, but for a photo shoot? With a little latex, skin-colored foundation and makeup? Viola! Who the heck r u? Lol In reality though, makeup does help to enhance your best features. nothing like it. Ok then, have a splendid day!
Yoshe75
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Yoshe75 » July 2nd, 2012, 5:12 am

Just Turned in my Unit A assignment 2 days ago. It's getting more interesting. :D
Latinbeauty28
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Latinbeauty28 » July 3rd, 2012, 12:43 pm

I just turned in my assignments for Unit A but am already reading Unit C!!
Blueluvah
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Blueluvah » September 27th, 2012, 10:26 am

Im just as excited w/ every one and kinda find myself asking, well, how is it that I cant understand what Im being asked to complete on the stocking your kit assignment?
Im laughing cuz, it should be so simple yet, I always tend to over analyze and then second guess.
I have my Chef papers and Im educated in another field, not such a far stretch from this one, just different mediums.
I posted a question, if someone could oblidge me w/ and answer, I'd be so grateful.
Thanks.
KirstyJayne
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KirstyJayne » September 30th, 2012, 1:34 pm

waiting on grade for unit B cant wait to find out what ive got. anyone on C3 could use a bit of advice thanks in advance.
Lady D
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Lady D » October 2nd, 2012, 11:56 am

Hi,
I am new and just enrolled Sept. 28th, so I am still waiting for my course materials to arrive (tracking info. says it will arrive 10/4, my b-day, what an awesome present!) however I have completed the A1 assignment and saved it to my flash drive. When my materials arrive, I can begin on A2. I am very excited. As I am browsing through the info. that I do have and the posts here on the forum, I can say so far so good, I guess LOL! :D

Lady D.
KirstyJayne
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KirstyJayne » October 2nd, 2012, 1:20 pm

Hiya Lady D , happy birthday for the 4th. Hope you enjoy the course I know I am it's brill :D keep updating would love to hear how your doing with it. Got an A for my unit B I was so happy :D.
Lady D
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Lady D » October 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm

Congrats Kristy!!! That is awesome! I am hoping to do as well here as I am in my undergrad Criminal Justice/Human Service courses :lol: Thanks for the early B-day wishes. Although my B-day falls on a Thurs. and I have to work, I guess I will wait and find something to do on the weekend.

Kristy, are you a PBA member? If not, were you interested in becoming a member? If we can register in a group of 5 or more, we can register for only $45.

Lady D.
Lady D
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Lady D » October 4th, 2012, 4:05 pm

:D Got my Unit A materials about 2 hours ago, checked everything and all is there. One of my eyeshadows were crushed up and the case (not the product) is cracked up on one side :x ...otherwise everything else was ok. I guess I will start on A2 and get that done today!! :D Wish me luck!

Lady D.
KirstyJayne
Makeup Artist

Unread postby KirstyJayne » October 4th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Good luck Hun I'm sure you'll do great. I'll have a think about the PBA thing. Not got a lot of cash atm keep spending it all on new makeup products and brushes lol.

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”