figuring out fees

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
Sara8543
Event Planner

figuring out fees

Unread postby Sara8543 » May 5th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Does anyone have any input on the best way to determine fees for different events? I think it is easiest to use a percentage for big events like weddings, but what percentage is fair? And, what about the small events like a birthday party where the client may only be spending $500? Any ideas are appreciated!
Stacy-C
Event Planner

Re: figuring out fees

Unread postby Stacy-C » May 6th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Most planners that I've seen charge 10% of the wedding budget for weddings. You can make your own packages and charge what you think they are worth, if you prefer.
For smaller events, you could charge a set amount per hour, or do the package pricing. You can look up what other planners in you area charge to find a fair price range and work with it.
Sara8543
Event Planner

Re: figuring out fees

Unread postby Sara8543 » May 9th, 2013, 1:02 am

Thanks, Stacy. I was thinking 10% for the weddings as well. I think the smaller events are harder to determine. I really want to stay away from hourly pricing because I don't want to have to count a few minutes here, a few minutes there, etc. Plus, I am thinking optimistically and hoping I'll be working on more than one party when I go to the party supply store!

Return to “Event Planning”