Eye Make-up Application and Tools

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
CynthiaL
Makeup Artist

Eye Make-up Application and Tools

Unread postby CynthiaL » April 22nd, 2013, 8:51 pm

Do you guys find that good eye-make-up application boils down to the type and/brand of make-up brushes used? I'm finding that when doing course assignments my eye-make-up is not quite turning out the way I would like it to and I'm not sure if it's the type of brushes I'm using or the quality of make-up palettes.

Your feedback would greatly be appreciated.
tdaum
Makeup Artist

Re: Eye Make-up Application and Tools

Unread postby tdaum » April 24th, 2013, 12:50 pm

I am constantly shopping for makeup. I personally cannot afford to buy makeup all at once so I am always shopping. i find that ome of the products i dont like but i do have my "favorite" makeup brands. I am in LOVE with NYX and i have a bit of MAC but it is so bloody expensive!! Plus NYX is sold in out local grocery store. I love thier eyeshadows. but i do use the eyeshadows that came with our Kit and i love them. I have been thining of gettign a non shimmery pallette of thiers.
lynn
Makeup Artist

Unread postby lynn » May 18th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Sometimes it doesn't really matter about the brushes because I use some cheap brushes and can get similar results. I think the eyeshadow does matter however, especially with blending out the eyeshadows. I say buy a really good eyeshadow palette and you may see a difference.
CynthiaL
Makeup Artist

Unread postby CynthiaL » June 7th, 2013, 10:27 am

Hey Ladies-I realized that the problems I've been having with eye applications is based on not using a good quality base to make the eye make-up stand-out. What I've been using as of late is Sephora's brand of eye-base and then following it up with a NYX jumbo pencil to make the colours really pop. What a difference!
Leevald

Unread postby Leevald » June 16th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Hey Everyone!

To Cynthia:
I've discovered that most of the time, make-up brand does not matter when it comes to eyeshadows. I have numerous palettes, pots, etc. Honestly, I've found the most important thing to use before applying eyeshadow is: eyeshadow primer. My favorite is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Been using it for years. Also, whether an eyeshadow really pops depends on a client's skin type. People with oily/combo skin may have problems with the eyeshadow "sliding" down and creasing a lot. What it all boils down to in my opinion is the eyeshadow primer. Makes all the difference in the world. Good luck with the course all!

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”