Makeup Kit re Assignments...

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
tmmakeupartistry

Makeup Kit re Assignments...

Unread postby tmmakeupartistry » March 9th, 2014, 1:28 am

Hi all :)

So i've just started Unit B. And when in regards to using a model and makeup application/removal, it all talks about foundations, cleansers, moisturisers, toners etc.

My question is, has anyone gone and bought a bunch of cosmetics for these situations/ for when they do professional makeup on others? If so, did you buy general moisturisers, toners etc? Or have specific products for all skin types??

Tad confused :)

Thanks guys

Love,
Tara xx
stefanikate

Re: Makeup Kit re Assignments...

Unread postby stefanikate » March 10th, 2014, 5:28 am

Hi Tara :D

I've just started unit B too and I definitely haven't bought everything needed for a full kit yet.

I do have some cleaners, toners and moisturisers. I've picked the most gentle and basic formulations I can find, usually catering for sensitive skin. This way the products are really suitable for everyone, because someone will normal skin is not going to be harmed by a sensitive formula but someone with sensitive skin might have irritation from a cleanser made for normal skin types. To give you an idea of brands I have chosen products from Simple and Sukin because they are affordable and easily accessible.

The only specialty item I have purchased so far in terms of prep products is a good quality rich moisturiser for very dry skin. I only chose this product because one of the models I will use has very dry skin and a light basic moisturiser will not cut it.

I'm sure as my experience grows and I'm working on people more often my preferences for prep products will expand to include some higher end products but for now in a basic starter kit I'm covered.

Hope that helps :)
Vanityladii

Unread postby Vanityladii » March 11th, 2014, 12:32 am

I bought stuff from the elf cosmetics.

since I want to try to work on all kinds of people.
tmmakeupartistry

Unread postby tmmakeupartistry » March 15th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Thanks guys :)

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”