Assignment A4

Network and share ideas with other students, get help with your course assignments, and talk about your experiences as an aspiring or working event planner.
ria

Assignment A4

Unread postby ria » January 18th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Am i missing something here? Who is James and what is his goal...i have to be missing something lol..

ALSO does anyone want to start a team if we are all on the same unit or close to the same unit maybe we can consistently ask each other questions and provide support to each other to get through it..?
CassandraJay

Re: Assignment A4

Unread postby CassandraJay » January 22nd, 2018, 4:39 pm

James is mentioned in your Course Booklet. You need both the booklet and the assignment sheets to get all the needed details for the assignments.

Great idea on the group, hope you find some people!
ArielCC

Unread postby ArielCC » January 22nd, 2018, 8:35 pm

I am on the same assignment as you! Would love to start a group chat, with someone who is at the same level!

I am confused about this James as well, is he in a specific city? Can I not use the city I live in?
CassandraJay

Unread postby CassandraJay » January 23rd, 2018, 11:13 am

Hoping this posts as I have tried to respond 6 times now!

James is not in a specific city. The first part of the question states to choose to location in your area ... thus you are safe to do so as long as who have two locations that meet the needs and wants of James.

The assignment download sheet here is very vague. You really need the context in the course guide to succeed at this assignment. I tried to copy and paste it to help, but it wouldn't let me!
EbyDesigns

Unread postby EbyDesigns » March 10th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I would love to be in your group when you start it. The course booklet does mention a client on beginning on page 24 for the client consultation. I am going to use the information where it says "For example, your client..." to answer my assignment. I don't see where his name, James is ever mentioned in the course booklet. I think James is just "the client".

UPDATE: 03/11/2018. James is mentioned in the "Event and Wedding Planning Course Guide" on Page 11. Hope this helps.
ChelseaJones

Unread postby ChelseaJones » March 29th, 2018, 10:31 pm

I'm on A4 as well, and I'd love for us to start a group!
I'm very confused on A4 (C). I'm not really sure how to answer it, does anyone else know?
HAppyhre

Unread postby HAppyhre » July 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am

Hi I am on assignment A4 part a. I was wondering when it asks about the two locations in your area where the retreat could be held, are they looking for actual names of places or just general areas. For example if I said the local park or hotel would that do or must I say Ballydoughn hotel etc. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
sarah.warn3r

Unread postby sarah.warn3r » July 24th, 2018, 9:24 am

I just got to A4 as well. I was wondering how local these venues have to be in my area. I live in Toronto, so will a venue in Niagara Falls which is approximately 1hr drive from the city be considered a local venue?
Angeline

Unread postby Angeline » August 8th, 2018, 6:26 pm

I am on assignment A4 as well. For location I used venues and parks in my neighbourhood.
However, my difficulty is when it asks " list 2 ways you could measure how successful the retreat was in accomplishing James goal"
Can someone help me with this please.
sarah.warn3r

Unread postby sarah.warn3r » August 10th, 2018, 12:04 pm

I just got my grade back for Unit A.

For the 2 ways to measure the events, I talked about measuring the profits and # of complaints from customers after the retreat to compare to the #s from before the retreat. I also mentioned doing a questionnaire before and after the retreat to gage if the employee's opinions have changed.

Return to “Event Planning”