Assignment E7 - Budget is not working out for me.

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Soula

Assignment E7 - Budget is not working out for me.

Unread postby Soula » May 29th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Hello,

I am stuck on Assignment E7 right now, I am trying to do the stationary but I can't find anything for 200$. One company I wrote to even told me that I am going to have trouble finding anything with that price.

Did you all stick to the budget? I found venues and florists where money could be saved but I'm not sure if I can allocate the money to the stationary to increase their budget.

I'm from Montreal, is there anyone taking this course from Montreal that can help me with a vendor.
RachelleAtkinson

Re: Assignment E7 - Budget is not working out for me.

Unread postby RachelleAtkinson » July 1st, 2018, 10:35 pm

Hi,
I've only just started unit E but have flicked through to glance at the assignment you're asking about.
Would it be possible or work cost wise for you to use an online stationery supplier and create them yourself?
It's asking for 3 local or online businesses that your client could use, so maybe putting 2 that are close to but may be dearer than what it states in the budget and then a cheaper one that fits what their budget states?
I'm sure if could get really nice items but cheaper in other areas of the budget then this could help offset the extra needed for invitations maybe?
JenPelch

Unread postby JenPelch » July 2nd, 2018, 8:16 am

Thank you for replying! I looked at online retailers as well- they are better- but the client wants RSVP cards, place cards etc. Still pricey! & yes good suggestion to do ourselves as well!
Paradise

Unread postby Paradise » July 3rd, 2018, 11:27 am

I completed assignment E7 and in areas where I was able to save $$, I carried those funds over to help make purchases in areas that may have gone over. consider vistaprint site for invitations as one of your options and avoid glam. Also You wont go over budget, you are just merely moving money around, still remaining within budget.
Soula

Unread postby Soula » September 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Thank you all for your replies, I never got a notification to say anyone answered me. Sorry!

I ended up moving things around and trying go less in one area and giving that amount to another that needed it! I had a very hard time with the Officiants but my tutor understood that the prices listed in our assignments are not realistic with todays pricing.

For the stationary, I did end up using Vista Print, I also used Canva and a lovely stationary company called Iyris Invitations. Even though it was only for homework, we worked on how to lower the price for everything I needed and I even created my own invitations through canva to send her to get a quote on. I recommend trying out this company if anyone is ever in need, she was very easy to talk with and really tried to help.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”